Southwest Changes Slogan in Wake of #United

Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Allan38103
This is a joke, right? (Some kid in his parents' basement with a computer and a Photoshop program.)

Ha Ha
Yep. As are the many new United slogans being bandied around the internet at the same time, such as:

"We now offer both red eye flights and black eye flights."
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
This was one of my favorites

Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I thought this was a very interesting article and summary of the industry in general until I got to this point then all credibility was lost.

Southwest continued its steady growth, including by an acquisition of the then-bankrupt AirTran.

http://www.vox.com/new-money/2017/4/...s-are-terrible

I'm I the only one (besides Howard Stern) not on the side of disgraced doctor from Vietnam? You leave as requested by authorities and deal with it after as you do if wrongly detained on the side of a highway. What am I missing?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:22 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by kklems
It should say Red Carpet Club.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:28 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by joshua362
I'm I the only one (besides Howard Stern) not on the side of disgraced doctor from Vietnam? You leave as requested by authorities and deal with it after as you do if wrongly detained on the side of a highway.
Every participant here made at least one bad decision. It's like a plane crash, where invariably several things needed to go wrong in sequence. Literally every party here, acting alone, could have avoided the outcome. Even the other passengers who didn't volunteer! (Not that they should have volunteered in his place, only that such an act of kindness would have avoided a bad outcome.) The only people who took steps to avoid the problem were the ones who obeyed the illegal order to leave the plane. I hope they get compensation for the illegality.

Last edited by nsx; Apr 16, 2017 at 12:19 pm
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Southwest continued its steady growth, including by an acquisition of the then-bankrupt AirTran.
AirTran was not bankrupt. Southwest paid $1.4 billion for an airline with a market value of $840 million. FL recorded a higher than normal $135 million profit the year before the purchase.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by LegalTender
AirTran was not bankrupt. Southwest paid $1.4 billion for an airline with a market value of $840 million. FL recorded a higher than normal $135 million profit the year before the purchase.
I knew that! And wrote to the publisher of the piece.

I thought this was a very interesting article and summary of the industry in general until I got to this point then all credibility was lost.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.