Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fare upgrade - refund question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Fare upgrade - refund question

I have a Southwest "wanna get away" flight coming up this month. It's cancelable for a flight credit, but not refundable. If I upgrade to the "business select" fare class I receive a refundable ticket. Here's my question: If I do upgrade to business select and request a refund, will I get a refund for my entire ticket price? Or will I get refunded for the fare upgrade cost and a flight credit for the original cost.

Thank you all for tackling this one!
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
if you upgrade to refundable, only the new money added for Anytime/Business Select is refunded.

The rest is a travel credit.
alshultz likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by expert7700
if you upgrade to refundable, only the new money added for Anytime/Business Select is refunded.

The rest is a travel credit.
Thanks! That's what I expected but wanted to be sure.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 8:02 am

The way to think about it, is everything is refunded to the original method of payment. So travel credits are refunded to travel credits and cash is refunded to cash.
jmw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.