Community
Wiki Posts
Search

first sw flight, with infant, boarding?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR, DL, MM, HH
Arrow first sw flight, with infant, boarding?

Saturday will by our first Southwest flight and I am aware they have the first priority first served for the seats. I also read on the website people with infants board between A and B.

All 3 of us have a seat so I anticipate we'll be able to get adjacent seats. Will not have those huge carry on bags. There is a 1hr 25min connection we have to make though: CLT - HOU - AUA

Is it fair to say we have a pretty good chance to get 3 seats on same row and side? The Aruba flight is a weekly so probably will not be empty. If not, are people flexible switching?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Should be no problem. If you have any doubt, head for the seats just behind the exit row. They fill up last.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:38 am

You will be fine boarding after the A group. You might have to sit near the back of the plane, but you should easily find a row together.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I agree with the comments above that you should be able to find 3 seats adjacent during family boarding between groups A and B. Also, thumbs up on your decision to purchase a seat for your young child instead of going the cheap route with the lap-child rule. It's safer for the child, and will be more comfortable for all three of you.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bgalakazam
Saturday will by our first Southwest flight and I am aware they have the first priority first served for the seats. I also read on the website people with infants board between A and B.

All 3 of us have a seat so I anticipate we'll be able to get adjacent seats. Will not have those huge carry on bags. There is a 1hr 25min connection we have to make though: CLT - HOU - AUA

Is it fair to say we have a pretty good chance to get 3 seats on same row and side? The Aruba flight is a weekly so probably will not be empty. If not, are people flexible switching?
If your flight from CLT is delayed and they have already started boarding the HOU-AUA flight you may have to find someone to switch just so you can get 2 seats together, let alone 3.

If you go with that expectation, you won't be disappointed.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:05 pm

Just note that if you are separated into two rows that the infant carseat has to go in the window seat as it is not allowed to impede anyone's exit path in an emergency.

Generally, in all of our travel with an infant we have never had a problem getting three seats together on southwest. (United is a whole different issue )
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
There will only be 60 people (at most) on the plane between A and B. You'll have no problem.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by DonCarpenter
There will only be 60 people (at most) on the plane between A and B. You'll have no problem.
Plus pre-boards, and any thru passengers. And any stray A-Listers who didn't get an A position. While true, it will likely be no problem for the OP, there can easily be more than 60 people on board before Family Boarding.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by ursine1
Plus pre-boards, and any thru passengers. And any stray A-Listers who didn't get an A position. While true, it will likely be no problem for the OP, there can easily be more than 60 people on board before Family Boarding.
Could be a few more, but also could be a few less. Last flight I took on Southwest, A group wasn't even full.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:33 pm
glg

Originally Posted by bgalakazam
All 3 of us have a seat so I anticipate we'll be able to get adjacent seats.
As others have covered that you'll be fine w/ seats, I just have another note.

Make sure your car seat has a label on it certifying it for plane use. I think they pretty much all do nowadays. It'll be hit and miss whether an FA checks, but if they do, the certification better be there.

Hopefully another "duh" question, but you have a passport for the baby, right?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Reading the original post it looks like they were flying on 2/11/17, but keep the good advice coming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.