FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Incorrect Status Email from Southwest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1812758-incorrect-status-email-southwest.html)

zachary Jan 4, 2017 9:08 am

Incorrect Status Email from Southwest

In 2016, I was A+ with CP. Last year, my flying was down and I am only A- List for 2017.

Yet moments ago, I received two separate emails from WN within one minute of each other. One said "Congrats! You're A-List Preferred." The second said "Congrats! You earned Companion Pass."

Naturally, the website has it right -- I'm plain old A-List and no CP.

I assume others are getting the same erroneous emails.

indiafan Jan 4, 2017 9:10 am

Same status as the OP. I too received the same incorrect emails.

I will gladly take it. But the account only shows A-list.

dionnec123 Jan 4, 2017 9:11 am

I just got one that said "Congrats! You earned Companion Pass." - I wish I did. I thought maybe they gave it to me because of a letter I wrote about the lack of notice of their policy change regarding transferred points counting towards the Companion Pass. Guess I wasn't the only one that got it.

I did have companion pass for the last two years.

daw4888 Jan 4, 2017 9:13 am

I got the same Companion Pass email... Wish it was True.

alevy Jan 4, 2017 9:16 am

I got the same messages, with an incorrect points balance, after having been A+/CP last year. When I log into the app, it says "your tier status is pending due to an end of year processing." Bummer, would be great if only it were true.

Ramy77 Jan 4, 2017 9:19 am

Got the same email too. Wonder if they have to honor it?

SAT Lawyer Jan 4, 2017 9:19 am

I also received the incorrect, "Welcome to the A-List"/"Congratulations on reaching A-List status!" email from WN a few minutes ago. But it's just a tease. After being a WN status holder for every year since the A-List program started including earned Companion Pass status in 2015 and earned A-List Preferred status in 2016, I took only five WN revenue flights in 2016, dropping me down to WN nothingness. When logged into my WN account, I see that I'm just a regular "Member."

Sloppy and poor form on WN to send out these incorrect emails.

chuckworth Jan 4, 2017 9:21 am

Same exact situation as OP as I received the "Congrats! You're A-List Preferred." e-mail despite only qualifying for lowly A-List for 2017.

I did qualify to renew my CP but no e-mail received on that.

NoStressHere Jan 4, 2017 9:25 am

I got the companion pass email, but not A-list. (not qualified for either)

We did have the pass last year and part of the year before. I thought for a minute I screwed up the years and still had another year.

Sadly, the website is smarter than their email system.

thepaul500 Jan 4, 2017 9:28 am

So they have the IT in place to stop transfer from hotel partners at 12:01AM on January 1st, but can't stop themselves from sending out incorrect emails? Poor form.

dngrmys Jan 4, 2017 9:29 am

I just got the Companion Pass email as well. Maybe they will honor it? Far from likely, but I can always hope.

FlyingDoctorwu Jan 4, 2017 9:30 am

Yep me too.. got the CP email as well... strong work WN

FDW

flyaxa Jan 4, 2017 9:33 am

Received the Companion Pass email too. Checked my account and then thought, let's check FT. Sure enough, thread already started. I did have CP last year. Curious if those who got the emails had A-List or CP in 2016?

G702TT Jan 4, 2017 9:33 am

Same here. Did not even come close to renewal with only about 8,000 qualifying points in 2016. Still got a "Welcome to A-List" email.

htown Jan 4, 2017 9:37 am

I got the same email as well. Such a tease.