Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Incorrect Status Email from Southwest

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Damn, I was hoping against hope that this thread wouldn't be here.

Two kidney punches in 72 hours. Not winning any awards for customer service.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by joshua362
...I've dropped from AL+ from the first time it was created and CP probably since 2002. How the mighty have fallen...
Agreed 100%

My wife and I went down to lowly A list and we dropped down to one companion pass. Even that was a stretch. Before that we each had CP since 2001 and had A+ since the day it launched.

Hmm do I want to fly PIT/CLE to LAS that get booked a week out for $15-29 Frontier, or $550 Southwest...each way. (frontier status which got earned quick-20k butt in seat miles flown gets free reclining seat and carry bag roller on)

Originally Posted by thepaul500
So they have the IT in place to stop transfer from hotel partners at 12:01AM on January 1st, but can't stop themselves from sending out incorrect emails? Poor form.
Also, despite their website saying my tier status was still processing until late in the day Jan2, the free Alist preferred wifi stopped working at 12:01am Jan1.

Last edited by expert7700; Jan 4, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Apology email received - just a sorry.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:58 pm

I didn't get the congrats email. But, got the sorry email!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:05 pm

I just received the A-List apology email, but never received the wrong one in the first place (A-List nor CP).

Seriously though -- is WN's IT department run by monkeys?

Based on the numerous Twitter and Facebook complaints, the erroneous emails apparently went to a very large number of customers.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:13 pm

too funny that some are you are getting the apology and didn't get the original error email. Here is the apology:

Today you received an email that incorrectly stated you had earned Companion Pass for 2017. This email was sent as a result of an error in our year end processing for Companion Pass status. Unfortunately you did not earn the status reflected. We recognize that receiving this email from us may have caused confusion and/or frustration, due to its inaccuracy regarding your 2017 status. For that, we offer our sincere apologies.

We admit this isn't the best way to start the New Year. That said, we appreciate your understanding when we make a human error like this one.

Sincerely,
Your friends at Southwest
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Got both & both.

Heads gotta role, embarrassment after public embarrassment. Who knows what's happening internally.

I speak from experience. Company hired an egotistical CIO who dismantled existing structures, insisted on developing critical software from scratch, missed delivery date after delivery date with much embarrassment and no one understood why. 7 years and a $100 million write off later he was finally let go when the CEO was replaced. Caused the company to be light years behind the competition...
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:52 pm

Sadly, heads will never roll.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, SW (former) A-list
I too got the apology email but not the original mistake. I was a few flights short of making A list again this year, but I'm all but done with SW anyway, except for flights when I absolutely have to have the option of canceling last minute. I don't think I am really going to miss the A-list--if I check in on time 24 hours in advance I can still get a window seat, just not near the front. And ALL SW seats are so uncomfortable. I fly too much to put up with it--I'm putting all my money into Delta now so that I have enough status to get upgraded to Comfort Plus all the time. Plus I can get from NY to Detroit without making a 7 hour trip with a hellish layover in ATL or MDW. Bye, SW, and good riddance.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by flyingmontana
I too got the apology email but not the original mistake. I was a few flights short of making A list again this year, but I'm all but done with SW anyway, except for flights when I absolutely have to have the option of canceling last minute. I don't think I am really going to miss the A-list--if I check in on time 24 hours in advance I can still get a window seat, just not near the front. And ALL SW seats are so uncomfortable. I fly too much to put up with it--I'm putting all my money into Delta now so that I have enough status to get upgraded to Comfort Plus all the time. Plus I can get from NY to Detroit without making a 7 hour trip with a hellish layover in ATL or MDW. Bye, SW, and good riddance.
SW=Air Namibia
WN=Southwest Airlines
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dmbolp
Seems incorrect, over-promising e-mails are more and more common these days, across many companies. Seems every week I get a retraction e-mail along the lines of "Sorry, we just sent you an e-mail about a 12% sale...it's only 10%...sorry"
I have always thought those are deliberate attempts to get twice your attention.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:38 am

SW is great for last-minute changes and for booking flights with points. There's no runaround with points booking, it's all pretty straight forward. The CP was great and cut our family expense a lot. But other airlines have those lounges...and seats that are more comfortable. Will miss the SW humor though. And that CP....
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by ZzzzX
SW is great for last-minute changes and for booking flights with points. There's no runaround with points booking, it's all pretty straight forward. The CP was great and cut our family expense a lot. But other airlines have those lounges...and seats that are more comfortable. Will miss the SW humor though. And that CP....
SW is AIR NAMIBIA.......
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, SW (former) A-list
Originally Posted by Deltahater
SW is AIR NAMIBIA.......
Get over it, people know what we mean.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
Originally Posted by BeanTownBoy
In same situation as OP (job relocation and switching over to UA). Briefly had hopes of a soft landing from A+ and CP, but fear it's too good to be true. Oh well, nothing lost (since I was not entitled to it anyway)!
Got the WN retraction letters, and then the next day got notified of UA Global Services qualification. I will miss CP and the occasions when I got great FA's, but I barely used CP in three years. I guess that's a trade I'll take! ^

Last edited by BeanTownBoy; Jan 6, 2017 at 5:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.