Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

What will be your Plan B now that CP from parterns not available

What will be your Plan B now that CP from parterns not available

Old Jan 3, 17, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat, WN A
Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
What routes are you guys flying that you get even decent redemptions on UA or AA ?
Sorry, to be useless here. I use my United miles for saver premium cabin tickets to Europe. I've always had good luck with them for that, and United does not levy fuel surcharges, which is a big plus.
Old Jan 3, 17, 3:40 pm

Programs: Marriott - Platinum, AA - Lifetime Gold
To answer the OP's question: Transfer back the Marriott points to Starwood. Convert Starwood points to Virgin America (25% bonus). Transfer Virgin America to Alaska 1:3. --> Oh no, now that this reported on this blog maybe I will wake up tomorrow and find out that Alaska has suddenly without warning cancelled that transfer as well!!!!
Old Jan 3, 17, 5:17 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by lexdevil View Post
Sorry, to be useless here. I use my United miles for saver premium cabin tickets to Europe. I've always had good luck with them for that, and United does not levy fuel surcharges, which is a big plus.
I'm glad you find value in your UA miles but I was wondering what routes people who fly WN are finding cheaper on UA or AA.
Old Jan 3, 17, 5:23 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by Duke5150 View Post
To answer the OP's question: Transfer back the Marriott points to Starwood. Convert Starwood points to Virgin America (25% bonus). Transfer Virgin America to Alaska 1:3. --> Oh no, now that this reported on this blog maybe I will wake up tomorrow and find out that Alaska has suddenly without warning cancelled that transfer as well!!!!
It disappeared on the SPG side a couple week ago but appears to be back now

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...er-eliminated/
Old Jan 3, 17, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*A Gold, WN A+ CP, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Gold
It's disappointing. Though I've never done the "Get CP on Jan 2 via MR TP" trick before and didn't intend to anytime in the near future, I have used CPQPs from various partner activities in the past to get over the hump (or get over the hump sooner in the year) when flying doesn't get me to 110k by itself.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: