Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enough with the free Drink Tickets already

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Enough with the free Drink Tickets already

I know some of you like this perk, but I personally don't get on a plane and think "yup, time to drink up!". I've always thought this was an antiquated promotion, why don't they offer up some cigars with that bourbon as well?

At least offer options like free Wi-fi on one flight or something that's actually useful. Stop with the free drink coupons, give me whatever it costs you for the drinks even if it's 50 cents off a flight, I'll take it. Better than being tossed in the trash or sitting expired in a drawer.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by braddqq
I know some of you like this perk, but I personally don't get on a plane and think "yup, time to drink up!". I've always thought this was an antiquated promotion, why don't they offer up some cigars with that bourbon as well?

At least offer options like free Wi-fi on one flight or something that's actually useful. Stop with the free drink coupons, give me whatever it costs you for the drinks even if it's 50 cents off a flight, I'll take it. Better than being tossed in the trash or sitting expired in a drawer.
What does a a drink ticket look like? I miss the days I would get 4 sent to me just because I held a WN Chase card holder. Free wi-fi for everyone? That will change the connection speed from slow to slower.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:05 pm

You can stop them sending them to you. Look at your RR profile, I think there is a little check box for that. But I doubt they'll apply the saving to lower fares, more likely to go to executive bonuses.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
There is a healthy market for them on eBay. You can net $3 each coupon there.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I'd like them to consider adding other premium drinks again like sparkling drinks under the Minute Maid label (Coca Cola) or Bai (DPSU).

I know it didn't work the first time, but I think there have been significant beverage habit changes since then.

Rasheed
Old Dec 8, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
How about handing them to a flight attendant and offering to buy a drink for the next four servicemen in uniform? Better than throwing them out, less hassle than selling on eBay.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by braddqq

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Seriously, this might be a winner in the 'what's the most useless thing you can find to complain about" category.

Whining about getting something as a Thank You? Bizaare LOL!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, Hilton Diamond, ICH Platinum
To each his own...

I actually really enjoy an occasional drink at the end of the day and a free beats one I have to pay for any day!

I like the promo and hope they never stop!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
They seem to be quite popular as far as I can tell, I certainly don't mind when I get mine.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Seriously, this might be a winner in the 'what's the most useless thing you can find to complain about" category.

Whining about getting something as a Thank You? Bizaare LOL!
Gotta agree here. Is the beef with the 4 free after 10 paid or the BS drink chit that expires same day? I have an issue with the latter...
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:36 am

I get more use out of the free drink tickets than the Wifi. So keep them coming!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
I get more use out of the free drink tickets than the Wifi. So keep them coming!
Absolutely my experience & thinking too.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:19 am

Man people will really b!tch about anything.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:21 am

I definitely need a drink when I get on an airplane.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Originally Posted by trouble747
I definitely need a drink when I get on an airplane.
I need a drink after reading this thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.