$100 Gift Card for $90 on ebay

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 7:39 pm
FSF
Original Poster

$100 Gift Card for $90 on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Southwes...374%3AFeatured
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:17 am

This comes around so often it has lost meaning for me.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:17 pm

Also, for those of you with a Rite Aid nearby and use their "Plenti" points, you can get 1500 points ($15) back by buying a $100 gift card.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
It's back to $100 for a $100 gift card.

Maybe a n00b question: but why would anyone ever buy this? Is there some kind of ebay spending bonus that makes this a logical purchase for their regular customers?

(I get the Rite Aid thing. I just don't see the angle on the eBay digital gifts.)

My alternative, of course, is just logging in and buying a Southwest flight directly.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pinniped
It's back to $100 for a $100 gift card.

Maybe a n00b question: but why would anyone ever buy this? Is there some kind of ebay spending bonus that makes this a logical purchase for their regular customers?

(I get the Rite Aid thing. I just don't see the angle on the eBay digital gifts.)

My alternative, of course, is just logging in and buying a Southwest flight directly.
People with Ink can buy eBay GCs at OfficeMax/Depot and get 5x UR, worth maybe 8%.

And until recently, you could get up to 10% eBay bucks on gift cards on top of that. I think that has changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.