Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Southwest Hotels? Earn tons of RR points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Southwest Hotels? Earn tons of RR points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred & CP
Anyone had trouble with points not posting from the new hotel portal?

We booked and stayed at a small private B&B in New Orleans a few months back, which was supposed to earn the ~800ish points (1 pt/$), but the points never posted.

I reached out to Southwest via email AND Twitter and the response was "you need to contact Starwood", and after I kindly explained it was not an SPG hotel the response was still "contact Starwood". I want to be mad but I'm just kind of staring mouth agape at my computer screen.

There isn't any "contact us" form on the Southwest hotels site so I'm not sure what to try next. I guess I could try booking.com given Southwest is just re-branding their site, but doubt that will be much help. Any advice?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by konems

We booked and stayed at a small private B&B in New Orleans a few months back, which was supposed to earn the ~800ish points (1 pt/$), but the points never posted.

I reached out to Southwest via email AND Twitter and the response was "you need to contact Starwood", and after I kindly explained it was not an SPG hotel the response was still "contact Starwood". I want to be mad but I'm just kind of staring mouth agape at my computer screen.

There isn't any "contact us" form on the Southwest hotels site so I'm not sure what to try next. I guess I could try booking.com given Southwest is just re-branding their site, but doubt that will be much help. Any advice?
Your email confirmation should have the amount of points you should get listed on the email. I would send out an email to: [email protected] and forward the original confirmation and let them know you didn't receive the points...
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by Juanefny
Your email confirmation should have the amount of points you should get listed on the email. I would send out an email to: [email protected] and forward the original confirmation and let them know you didn't receive the points...
Yes, in theory that would get it done. In practice, not so much.

I have had trouble getting points to appear after staying at Choice properties. No matter what I do, I get a canned email from them saying sorry, no points will be earned because I didn't book through their website. No success here.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by konems

​​​​​​Here's an extreme measure that would get their attention. A partial charge back through your credit card for the value of the points you didn't receive. I probably wouldn't do it for the amount of the points you're talking about, but for a higher amount I would.

Last edited by Critterlynn; Jul 15, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by Critterlynn
​​​​​​Here's an extreme measure that would get their attention. A partial charge back through your credit card for the value of the points you didn't receive. I probably wouldn't do it for the amount of the points you're talking about, but for a higher amount I would.
Wouldn't work. Points have no value as far as Southwest and your credit card provider are concerned.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99
Wouldn't work. Points have no value as far as Southwest and your credit card provider are concerned.
That's not true at all. I received a 1099-misc for $1,000 for Southwest referrals. 100,000 points are equal to a $1,000 as far as they are concerned. So clearly Chase does place a value on them. Whether or not they would allow a charge back is a different story and 800 points is not enough to go to the trouble.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:49 am

I experienced no points posted after a late June stay as well. I called the RR phone number and was told hotel points can take as long as 8 weeks to post. That is a huge change from the previous portal.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Try emailing the email address I posted above... it's not the hotel itself and it's not southwest.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Silver
I got my points the day after checking out. Seems this may go the way of rental cars, where if you don't get the points right away, you probably won't get them at all without fighting for them.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:10 pm

Can you earn Hilton (or Marriott) points booking through SWA and earning Rapid Rewards?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by wooclan
Can you earn Hilton (or Marriott) points booking through SWA and earning Rapid Rewards?
Not sure about Hilton, but Marriott bookings through third-party sites do not earn points or elite night credits. You can still get elite benefits during your stay (e.g. concierge lounge access) by giving your member number at check-in, though, if you do have status already - just no points or nights.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by johnjagg
I experienced no points posted after a late June stay as well. I called the RR phone number and was told hotel points can take as long as 8 weeks to post. That is a huge change from the previous portal.
Update to this, my hotel points showed up Aug. 8. It took six and half weeks.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:56 pm

Oh wow...glad you got them.... may I ask the name of hotel...maybe its the brand???
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by beccafries
Oh wow...glad you got them.... may I ask the name of hotel...maybe its the brand???
It was Holiday Inn Express.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:38 pm

Just out of curiosity, how many points are we talking about? Also, we're these points enough to get you over the threshold of earning the companion pass?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.