Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

How to Change CP Flights When Cancelled by Weather

Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; DL Gold MDL

So, booked a quick trip for 2 (Primary + Companion) to RDU returning Saturday, when Hurricane Matthew is expected to potentially hit NC. If return flights get cancelled, do I need to call to re-book even if booked on the Southwest.com? If I can re-book online, I'm assuming I can change mine first. The question is, can I also change my companion online going directly to that PNR?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: Southwest A+/CP, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
As someone who grew up in NC, I'd keep a close eye out and potentially cancel your trip as you can do so at the last minute. The eastern half of the state is already soaked from recent rains, and rivers/creeks are high. If the storm makes landfall in wilmington as it looks today, Raleigh, etc will be in the outer bands of the storm as well. The good thing is the storm is moving slow at the moment, just seems like something you don't want to get stuck in.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:37 am

On the original question: to make the change online, do you need to cancel the companion booking, then change your own, and add the companion back? I'm ready to do this because of a reduced fare.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by rove312
On the original question: to make the change online, do you need to cancel the companion booking, then change your own, and add the companion back? I'm ready to do this because of a reduced fare.
Yes you do, exactly as you outlined.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.