Wiki Posts
Search

SJC security lines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
SJC security lines

How are security lines at SJC on a saturday mid morning 11am flight?
Cant find recent info

No precheck or A list
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:35 am

SJC security lines always seem incredibly long for no good reason.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
I've not seen long lines there.... SJC and ONT are my two big California destinations but in all honesty its usually Mondays or Tuesdays when I'm flying out.

I like SJC airport but am not crazy about the food options there.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:21 pm

I have seen the SJC lined backup to all the way down the escalators before. Regularly to the end of the security line area.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:23 pm

Expect(very) long lines at SJC. On every Saturday/Sunday/holiday. We frequently fly from SJC on those days - always long lines. Actually SJC was for our family the #1 motivation to get TSA PRE.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by olouie
I have seen the SJC lined backup to all the way down the escalators before. Regularly to the end of the security line area.
Same here. However it was at 6a. When I've flown out of SJC at 7-9p, I'm usually through security in a minute or two.

You can always use A. I've started going through security of there first thing in the morning.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
I always see long lines at SJC, precheck is awesome there (though still "long") 10-15 people on avg ahead of me..
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:37 pm

Precheck + clear has been a good combo for me.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by olouie
Precheck + clear has been a good combo for me.
This is my base airport and yes Pre and Clear are no problem now. In the past they have been a hassle when the airport kicks into "lets run everyone past our spiffy new sniffer dog". THAT kills the lines. Otherwise it hasn't been too bad.

IF you don't /can't do Pre or Clear the regular line can be a bit of a crapshoot. Weekend days are usually pretty light. Heaviest days are Monday and Friday Mornings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.