Chase spending for CP

Old Sep 17, 16, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Chase spending for CP

Say I purchase a January BS flight in December, which puts me over the top for CP. I am awarded CP, then don't take the January flight, but cancel it.
Do I keep my CP after my flight cost is refunded?
Old Sep 17, 16, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by doctall41 View Post
Say I purchase a January BS flight in December, which puts me over the top for CP. I am awarded CP, then don't take the January flight, but cancel it.
Do I keep my CP after my flight cost is refunded?
Are you talking about the points from the payment for the flight putting you over the top or the points gained from the flight?

Why don't you just buy some visa gift cards you can use or give as Christmas gifts and call it a day?
Old Sep 19, 16, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by NextTrip View Post
Are you talking about the points from the payment for the flight putting you over the top or the points gained from the flight? Yes, Points for the payment of the flight.

Why don't you just buy some visa gift cards you can use or give as Christmas gifts and call it a day?
Yes, there's always that. Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 16, 9:58 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Technically you get a negative RR "dollar balance" to be offset against future CC purchases. If you have no intention of spending more to make that up, I wouldn't risk it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: