Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targeted Offer: Double Points on BS and AT Fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Just got the e-mail, thru OCT 31, didn't get the previous double point offer
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Did not get the email but it was under the Promotions tab in my account. Shocked as this is the first promo I've been targeted for in a very long, long time.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:16 pm

Same here. I haven't seen double points in awhile (and I fly WN fairly regularly) so this is appreciated!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:24 pm

Rock.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:15 pm

Rock.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA: MM
Forgive me for being the stick in the mud but why can't these points count to A-List or A-List Plus? I'm not really tempted to spend on BS or AT for more points but I would be if they included a decent path to re-qualification.

FWIW
DLM
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.3MM, WN A+/CP, HH DIA, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
Got this one as well, after being passed over for the previous double points offer. Now to do the math on some upcoming trips to see whether it makes sense to cancel & rebook BS.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Rock. Though I did get that double bonus recently.

For tax-deductible business trips, for A-List Preferred members, this offer for BS makes for mighty cheap flights.

12x
12x double bonus
12x status bonus

36 points @ ~1.5 cents = 60%.
Tax-deductible maybe 30% more.
Net 10 cents on the dollar.

Pay for ticket with WN GCs bought at Officemax/Depot with Ink and we are talking basically free.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by dmunz
Forgive me for being the stick in the mud but why can't these points count to A-List or A-List Plus? I'm not really tempted to spend on BS or AT for more points but I would be if they included a decent path to re-qualification.

FWIW
DLM
Bonus points have almost never been tier (AL) qualifying. Since RR 2.0 started, there have been maybe handful of targeted campaigns that offer bonus tier-qualifying points.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Got the offer. If it had been double TQP and restricted to BS I'd have been all over it...this one I would need OPM to pay the WGA and then I would pay the diff to BS.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA: MM
Originally Posted by texashoser
Bonus points have almost never been tier (AL) qualifying. Since RR 2.0 started, there have been maybe handful of targeted campaigns that offer bonus tier-qualifying points.
This is an interesting point. I changed jobs in early 2015 and it was better to fly WN for my new role. It seemed like my fist month in the job they had a double tier point campaign and I made A-List in a month. I have not seen that ever again so I guess it was just good timing.

FWIW
DLM
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:43 am

Also got this one after getting passed over for the last. I wonder if Southwest caved to after the complaints from their best customers over getting screwed over for the other promotion or if this was already planned...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.