Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Precheck at LGA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingmontana
The Delta terminals (C and D, connected) are beautifully renovated, spacious, clean and full of good food and drink options. The gate areas can be a little crowded when two flights are leaving around the same time at adjacent gates, but in general, I do not mind spending a couple of hours in these terminals (and if you have Sky Club access it's great, 2 excellent Sky Clubs there).
Yeah, flying mainline AA out of LGA isn't awful. There's an adequate Admiral's Club there.

When I fly WN out of LGA, I use the AC club with Priority Pass. But it's landside, so always a bit of a guess as to what the security queue will be.

I'd say the WN terminal at LGA is a third-world bus depot, except third-world bus depots would probably take exception to being compared to this dump of a terminal.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by pinniped
I'd say the WN terminal at LGA is a third-world bus depot, except third-world bus depots would probably take exception to being compared to this dump of a terminal.
Well, well said. And they essentially gave up their new 8 gate palatial estate at ISP for this!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pinniped
Yeah, flying mainline AA out of LGA isn't awful. There's an adequate Admiral's Club there.

When I fly WN out of LGA, I use the AC club with Priority Pass. But it's landside, so always a bit of a guess as to what the security queue will be.

I am looking at a possibility for work in New York area in August, dates not set yet. From BNA, the ISP NS is long gone and no NS to EWR, but I can get NS to LGA. I will need to rent a car.

Is the plane change for EWR negated by the dismal LGA?

I so hate EWR that I will take PHL over EWR and drive. That PHL beats anything is remarkable, but my experiences at EWR have been consistently bad. If LGA is that bad, I might just stick with PHL and drive.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Is the plane change for EWR negated by the dismal LGA?

I so hate EWR that I will take PHL over EWR and drive. That PHL beats anything is remarkable, but my experiences at EWR have been consistently bad. If LGA is that bad, I might just stick with PHL and drive.
EWR is just as bad as LGA in my experience, worse in terms of flights being massively delayed.

I'd fly to whichever airport is closer to where you are headed. Interesting that you drive from PHL. I would rather have 30 awful minutes at LGA or EWR than deal with the traffic driving into NYC. I guess it depends exactly where you're headed and what time of day/day of the week.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zachary
EWR is just as bad as LGA in my experience, worse in terms of flights being massively delayed.

I'd fly to whichever airport is closer to where you are headed. Interesting that you drive from PHL. I would rather have 30 awful minutes at LGA or EWR than deal with the traffic driving into NYC. I guess it depends exactly where you're headed and what time of day/day of the week.
Will be working in New Jersey.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zachary

Agree with this. I bag on LGA all the time, but if I was headed that way out of NYC I certainly wouldn't fly into EWR just to avoid it.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Will be working in New Jersey.
All depends on time of day and where in NJ. You wouldn't want to land at 4pm at LGA, rent a car and drive to NJ.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by eyeballer
All depends on time of day and where in NJ. You wouldn't want to land at 4pm at LGA, rent a car and drive to NJ.
Or anytime on a Friday. Or the weekend. Or after 5am weekdays. Or when raining. It's just never predictable.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:25 pm

Pre-check hours??

Bumping for guidance on hours of Precheck lanes at WN LGA concourse. Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by EWR-6785
Bumping for guidance on hours of Precheck lanes at WN LGA concourse. Thanks
So does LGA have TSA Pre for Southwest flights out of Terminal B? Seems some places say hell no, others say yes ?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by dakdillon
So does LGA have TSA Pre for Southwest flights out of Terminal B? Seems some places say hell no, others say yes ?
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.