Community
Wiki Posts
Search

737-700 Evolve Blue seat upgrades - Pics!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

737-700 Evolve Blue seat upgrades - Pics!

As some of you might know SWA is updating the Evolve seats on 737-700's to have a fully blue seat cover and replacing the bottom cushions with new, thicker cushions. Welcome improvement and will help the current fleet resemble the -800s and MAX new interior.

I was lucky to fly on N426WN this weekend and the difference was amazing.

Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:04 pm

Those armrests look super thin.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Those armrests look super thin.
Same arm rests as before. Only thing that changed was the bottom cushion and the color.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by 737MAX8
As some of you might know SWA is updating the Evolve seats on 737-700's to have a fully blue seat cover and replacing the bottom cushions with new, thicker cushions. Welcome improvement and will help the current fleet resemble the -800s and MAX new interior.

I was lucky to fly on N426WN this weekend and the difference was amazing.
The difference was that noticeable?

I believe this is just Evolve, but now in Bold Blue.

There's been some conflicting information about the seat bottom cushions, but my understanding is that only the covers were to be replaced -- that the cushion is the same Evolve design as before.

I suppose a new cushion would feel better than an old, used one. But they sure look the same as Evolve to me -- just now blue.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:07 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I flew one of these last week. I didn't notice improvement in any aspect.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ursine1
I believe this is just Evolve, but now in Bold Blue.
Isn't that what I said in my original post?

"updating the Evolve seats on 737-700's to have a fully blue seat cover"

I have been told the bottom cushions are all replaced as a part of Evolve Blue and are 1/2 inch thicker. I noticed a huge difference in padding under my butt!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:10 am

You also said, "...and replacing the bottom cushions with new, thicker cushions."

My point was regarding the bottom cushions. Everything I've read indicates that they are no thicker now. Just the same seat, only blue.

I haven't flown them yet personally, so I'm trying to understand how making them blue could be an "amazing" difference.

Was it crew that told you they were thicker?

Last edited by ursine1; Jul 12, 2016 at 8:16 am
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:14 am

Noticed no difference at all on a recent flight other than color.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:49 am
Original Poster

You also said, "...and replacing the bottom cushions with new, thicker cushions."

My point was regarding the bottom cushions. Everything I've read indicates that they are no thicker now. Just the same seat, only blue.

I haven't flown them yet personally, so I'm trying to understand how making them blue could be an "amazing" difference.

Was it crew that told you they were thicker?
Nearly 100 flights on WN this year have told me they are thicker. My butt thanks these Evolve Blue upgrades. You can also see the cushion goes "further" up on the seat back design and the arm rests are closer to the seat. 1/2" isn't much but it does make a good difference.

Glad to see WN improving the Evolve product!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:55 am

Interesting. I suppose a new cushion, not yet worn down by years of use, could feel thicker.
I'm looking forward to comparing for myself.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:48 pm

I was on N716SW from PHX-BUR yesterday and she had them too. It was more comfortable than the standard evolve seating and padding I had on N785SW earlier in the day from PHL-PHX.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:40 am

Can someone bring calipers on board and measure seat cushion thickness? Let's eliminate the placebo effect once and for all.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by dmo580
Can someone bring calipers on board and measure seat cushion thickness? Let's eliminate the placebo effect once and for all.
WN's promo vid shows the cushion isn't thicker, just has more up-down movement. More 'give.'

Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:15 am

Not sure where you're seeing that promo video, but to me it appears that's actually about the new "wider" seat coming online in new 800s and MAX. This Thread isn't about those. It's about the Evolve Bold Blue retrofits.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:28 am

Not sure where you're seeing that promo video, but to me it appears that's actually about the new "wider" seat coming online in new 800s and MAX. This Thread isn't about those. It's about the Evolve Bold Blue retrofits.
You're correct, my mistake.

Apprently no evidence for the claim the bottom seat cushions are thicker or that they were replaced when the covers were swapped out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.