Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

California-Targeted Fast Track to Companion Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

California-Targeted Fast Track to Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Not to mention hhe one that blew up inflight.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Bought like 50 bucks of chocolate from aria as gifts left on the other plane that we were forced to deplane and they said its impossible for me to get it now sucks. Sorry just ranting
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:37 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Amil
What stats? In 48 hours I flew 9 southwest 1 American and 2 out of 9 of my southwest flights have had engine failures . Sucks
In case your luck is about to average out, buy a lottery ticket!

I haven't had this happen even once in about 1400 Southwest flights.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:45 pm

Bought like 50 bucks of chocolate from aria as gifts left on the other plane that we were forced to deplane and they said its impossible for me to get it now sucks. Sorry just ranting

The gate agents didnt go back in to get it for you?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by RedElmo
The gate agents didnt go back in to get it for you?
No once I told her it was chocolate she didn't seem to care or bother. I'm gonna try calling tmw!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:11 am

No once I told her it was chocolate she didn't seem to care or bother. I'm gonna try calling tmw!
The good news is you will likely get a LUV voucher that will offset your loss of candy.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
The good news is you will likely get a LUV voucher that will offset your loss of candy.
Yes! Not a bad response from Twitter team:

You can file a report for your bag here: https://live.lostandfound.aero/clien...MER-LOST-FOUND …. As you may know, carryon items are the responsibility of the Passenger. If an item is left onboard and is located by one of our Employees, they will turn it over to that Station’s lost and found. If the item is not claimed after 24 hours, we send it to our third party contractor who track and associate lost and found reports with their items.
I know how frustrating delays can be and truly apologize for your recent experiences. I can assure you that our Employees understand the importance of working efficiently, and our quick turnaround times have been the envy of the industry. We regret that your experience was not indicative of our typically excellent ontime record. As a gesture of goodwill I am sending you a voucher to use on a future flight with us. This will arrive via email within the next 7-10 business days. I hope you will be able to use this for another trip with us in the future to have a more typical Southwest experience. -Victoria
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:22 pm

Not bad. See now you'll keep flying with their broken engine planes. =P
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:59 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
We await your report of lottery ticket results.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
We await your report of lottery ticket results.
not to sure about my luck turning. i just wrecked my car (im ok thank god) lol gonna buy a lotto ticket in an hour
Old Sep 22, 2016, 6:35 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

i just wrecked my car (im ok thank god) lol
But the good news is that the engine didn't fail.

I guess you are luckier than if the car engine failed and the two flights crashed!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:13 pm

not to sure about my luck turning. i just wrecked my car (im ok thank god) lol gonna buy a lotto ticket in an hour
Wow are you serious? Some luck. I can't help but not to chuckle at the comment about at least it wasn't two crashed flights and a broken car engine.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by rasheed
As mentioned by another in this thread, the day after I passed the qualifying 10 flights, the companion option to complete demographics appeared on my RR online account. So, I should be good to go to start adding to my WN bookings.

Interestingly, the CP counter is still there chugging away with a very low value and doesn't show completed. I think it would be nice if CP was considered an elite level and we got A-List, but I guess that is just not the way it goes.

For Southwest, this promo will likely equate to shifting 50k of flying travel miles for me. I think the aspect I really need to try is the international flights via this discount (as I consider it).

Rasheed
Hey Rasheed,

I'm flying what I hope is my Final 2 flights tomorrow LGB-LAS, and I was wondering if the Companion Pass is obvious on my account if I were to log in on Monday and check. If possible, would you mind sharing a screenshot?

I have 2 flights that I can't remember if they were booked before or after I registered for the Promo, so even though I called and they said those flights counted, I think I may be short the flights if they were booked before I registered from the promo.

Chad
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by chadwickx16
Hey Rasheed,

I'm flying what I hope is my Final 2 flights tomorrow LGB-LAS, and I was wondering if the Companion Pass is obvious on my account if I were to log in on Monday and check. If possible, would you mind sharing a screenshot?

I have 2 flights that I can't remember if they were booked before or after I registered for the Promo, so even though I called and they said those flights counted, I think I may be short the flights if they were booked before I registered from the promo.

Chad
as soon as the system recognizes the flights you'll get your companion pass. for me it happened in the AM. As far as being obvious it says PLEASE ADD COMPANION. dont have a screenshot cause I already did but you really cant miss it.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Finished my 5th round trip yesterday (landed about 8pm). Woke up this morning and already has the option to add my companion! Nice!

For those looking to see what it looks like to add the companion:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.