Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New website glitch: Non-refundable funds show as "refundable"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:53 am
Original Poster

I re-fared a WGA ticket to save $62. I was surprised to see the system show the funds as "refundable," and offer me the ability to request a refund.

If I use "View Available Funds" to check the confirmation number, it shows, oddly, two different travel funds under the confirmation number, and both of them as "non-refundable."

I requested the refund. What are the odds are that I'll actually get it?
Attached Images    
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
I got the same thing earlier and also tried the request refund button. I'll be on the look out for a $15 refund just in case...
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:30 am

I noticed the same thing a few weeks ago and tried to request refund. Doesn't work. And it also screwed up my travel funds because when I went to check it was showing as 0. In the end it actually benefitted me because I had to call CS for them to look into it. They had to issue the amount I was due in a LUV voucher which extended the expiration date.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: WN A&cp, SPGplat
Same happened for me. No refund issued. Travel funds showed up shortly after, so don't lose the confirmation #s.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Used the refund button on several refares. Most appeared later as TTFs with no refund. One PNR is now showing a $0 balance, even though there is $31 remaining. Probably time to call CS.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AS MVP, HH Gold, FPC Premier, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, TR Diamond
Originally Posted by Tanic
One PNR is now showing a $0 balance, even though there is $31 remaining. Probably time to call CS.
Yes I too have a PNR with $17.00 balance, but SW website under "view travel funds" tells me it is a 0 balance (expiring in May 2017). When I tried to book a Jan 2017 flight it also showed zero balance. I keep ALL SW transactions meticulously (now more than ever) to reference and prove via followup phone calls. Frustrating, especially in contrast to Alaska Air. Alaska not only makes travel funds readily available and transparent via "My Wallet" but asks me each time that I purchase a new ticket if I want to use those existing fund right on the purchase page!
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:06 pm

I have a $31 TF that I can't locate, can CS find it if I call and ask?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:45 pm

I'm in the same boat, awaiting a "refund" that I likely don't deserve. So it sounds like NO ONE actually got this refund, and the funds just all of a sudden show up in the original confirmation code without actually telling you? This seems messed up...
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

I was able to apply the "refundable" funds for which I had chosen "request a refund of the refundable balance" to another itinerary just a few days later.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:49 pm

So ursine1, you didn't get a refund I take it?

And the funds went back into your original confirmation number, with the same expiration date that the funds you used initially were?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

No. Yes.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:09 am

Thanks. How long did it take for the funds to show up?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:10 am

Oh a few days later, sorry got it!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:01 pm

So I called Southwest Airlines fully expecting them to say "Yes that was a glitch it will become a credit for future flights", but of course, they said "We see the refund has been processed. Is there anything else we can do for you?" :-/
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

It's very, very unlikely that is true, and/or you will receive a refund.

Log into the website and click on Flight > Manage Reservations. Click on View Travel Funds. Complete the form, and I suspect you'll see the funds there available for reuse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.