How's BWI been lately?

Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
How's BWI been lately?

Mrs. Aoumd is flying WN out of BWI a little after 8pm on an upcoming Wednesday evening this summer.

I assume she should arrive two hours before departure, but given the recent issues with TSA long lines nationwide, is that cutting it too close?

Or is two hours plenty of time to go through security and get a sandwich for the plane? Anyone recall it not being enough time from recent experience?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:09 am

On Wednesday evening, should be plenty of time with room to spare. Does the Mrs. have pre-check?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Oformula
On Wednesday evening, should be plenty of time with room to spare. Does the Mrs. have pre-check?
Or Clear?

The Clear/Pre-check combo makes the security lines at BWI (or any Clear airport) less than 5 minutes.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; Southwest; American Airlines
I flew out midweek this week and TSA precheck was 5 mins - the regular lines were ~15 mins per some of my non-TSA precheck colleagues.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for the advice, and no she does not have Precheck or Clear.

Sounds like she could get there a little later and still make it, good to know since she is waking up after sleeping all day (after working a night shift the night before) that afternoon to go to the airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.