Nashville Airport

Old May 21, 2016, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Many Thanks to Sweetsleep for his/her input. I've looked at the map of bna and apparently southwest is in C concourse/terminal. I of course, don't have any idea of the gate # yet but I have flown a few times in the past 5 years so the wife and I should be able to figure it out; 2 hours for a flight at 10 am should be plenty of time. I do hate wasting time sitting around but better a little early than rushing to make a flight.
Any other tips are appreciated.
Old May 22, 2016, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Has anybody stayed at any of the hotels near the airport in Nashville? All appear to be fairly expensive for a one night stay on a weekend.
Old May 22, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Nashville is a big weekend destination, especially this time of year with music festivals, college graduations, etc. Downtown and midtown hotels are always booked up months in advance on weekends. Airport hotels fluctuate on weekends depending upon the time of year. We are going into the busiest time. The majority of the new hotels are being built downtown, and not much capacity is being added to the airport area, so things are tight. You might want to look at suburbs to the south or east of the city (Brentwood or Mt Juliet) if you have a car and can't find much close to the airport as they are only 15-20 minutes away on the weekend.
Old May 22, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Try the Cool Springs/Franklin area. Lots of options there. It is true suburbia-big mall called the Cool Springs Galleria,tons of restaurants and fast food eateries,movie theaters. If you have time,do try to visit lovely Main Street in Franklin-lots of great antique shops,boutiques, some very nice restaurants and parking is FREE. Nice little piece of Americana kind of town.
Your drive to the airport will be a bit longer though so keep that in mind especially if your flight leaves during rush hour. I take a little known route to the airport to bypass the interstate interchanges from my house in Nashville so no issues with accidents for me.
Old May 26, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by m3c1
I did check on the 'tip' the 'rove 312' had and the aircraft is a 737-800 if that is an accurate Id.

It can't be as bad as Tampa the first week of Sept.
I am a native Tennessean with many visits to Nashville. I now hang out close to Tampa.

The post with the advice on August weather in BNA is accurate. The dog days of summer are HOT and humid in Memphis and Nashville.

The info on BNA hotels in the summer is spot on, also. You didn't mention what area you "need" to be in but, yes, the hotels around the airport are in demand most weekends. I stayed in Homewood Suites on Elm Hill Pike but it was an award points stay.

Nashville is one of the easier airports to navigate. Southwest has most of the gates and shares concourse C with AA. SW gates numbered over 20 are a brisk walk.

If I remember, MCI had separate circular buildings making changes challenging but then again it's been a few years.

If you have any military affiliation, the USO is a good place to hang out for a wait before/after flights. (ID required)

The info about Enterprise is a bit suspect. There are restrictions in place with regard to transiting through the airport (standard at most airports) and not paying applicable fees with a car rental. That Enterprise office off airport location is actually close enough to some of the hotels near the airport that you may be able to jump a hotel shuttle and then make your way over. I would tip the driver because the hotel is looking out for its own customers when it provides that service. Perhaps Uber.

You will not be able to drop off that car at the airport. Best wishes.

Last edited by jan_believes; May 30, 2016 at 9:10 pm
Old May 27, 2016, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anjeo
Yazoo brewing has an outpost there too - For the thirsty !
Wonder if I can take that through in my checked bags?
Old May 30, 2016, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anjeo
Yazoo brewing has an outpost there too - For the thirsty !

That sounds interesting!
Old May 31, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
On Nashville..

My brother has lived the with his family over 20 years now. I have travelled there over 50 times.

I was there this past weekend for my nephews HS graduation.

My brother lives in the downtown section.

The downtown is the inner loop surrounded by I-24 and I-65 and a small piece of I-40 and just outside I-65/40 near the Vanderbilt campus.

I have usually stayed at my brothers, this weekend I stayed at a nearby hotel.

I booked my hotel well in advance and the rate was still over $200 per night after taxes.

near the airport up Briley parkway is the Opryland hotel and convention center which is a very expensive place to stay. There area couple of hotels near the Opry hotel, then the next closest hotels are the airport hotels which is part of the reason airport hotels can be so expensive. Either its the overflow of convention attendees or people flying out first thing in the am, thus stay at an airport hotel.

same with weekend travelers who stay Friday and Saturday night in Nashville then sunday night at airport hotel

my return flight yesterday had 3 people ahead of me at security check point.

It took me under 10 minutes to check my bag and then go through security.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Has anybody stayed at any of the hotels near the airport in Nashville? All appear to be fairly expensive for a one night stay on a weekend.
depends on the day you stay. Nashville gets a lot of business travelers (music industry and healthcare insurance are big there)

Nashville is also a popular convention destination either downtown or at the Opryland.

downtown is where there is the Titans football stadium and the large Arena (ice hockey and concerts), then you have Vanderbilt University and Belmont University in the downtown area.

You get a lot of weekend travelers either for music, sports, or conventions.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by jan_believes

If I remember, MCI had separate circular buildings making changes challenging but then again it's been a few years.

MCI is remodeling now and creating a new terminal.

As it stands now.....

It has two terminals...B and C.

Southwest has gates of roughly about 30-45 in B. These are linked inside security so you don't have to exit if you are making a connection.

For the main carriers---B has delta, Alaska, and Southwest. C has American and United
Old May 31, 2016, 11:32 am

I did check on the 'tip' the 'rove 312' had and the aircraft is a 737-800 if that is an accurate Id.

It can't be as bad as Tampa the first week of Sept.
summer in Nashville is very humid with high heat indexes. In some ways Tampa may be cooler because of the ocean temps keeping it a little cooler. Nashville being landlocked will get higher temps.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by djp98374
MCI is remodeling now and creating a new terminal.

As it stands now.....

It has two terminals...B and C.

Southwest has gates of roughly about 30-45 in B. These are linked inside security so you don't have to exit if you are making a connection.

For the main carriers---B has delta, Alaska, and Southwest. C has American and United
Perhaps not so much.....

There was this

And more recently this
Old May 31, 2016, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot to all re: nashville airport and hotels. Personally, having flown out and into KCI only a few times (don't travel much) I kind of like the setup at KCI but then I only use it occassionaly. I've been to DFW and Ohare, mdw ST. Louis and Orange County (messy to get around if you are not dropped right at your airlines entrance) but KCI never seemed that bad. Thanks again to all the input; it is appreciated.
Old May 31, 2016, 3:32 pm

Regarding your offsite car rental, while you have all of the extra fees associated with an airport rental (and they are high at BNA), you can often find rates that are low enough to offset the additional fees. Keep an eye on rates at on-site agencies especially in the days leading up to your trip, good chance you can get a cheaper rate and have the convenience of picking up and dropping off onsite.

Regarding hotels - I've stayed at the Radisson, Country Inn & Suites, Sheraton, and Holiday Inn near the airport on priceline stays. Depending on size of your party, this is likely the best way to go (if you only need to accommodate two people in a room), I've always been able to find a room under $100 before taxes through either name your own price or their express deal offerings.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:27 am

I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I will say that BNA is by far my fav airport to fly in and out of for business.

TSA Pre is never longer than 5m, have never had to wait for bags when flying in, and rental cars are so easy in regards to getting in/out of airport.

I know that didn't answer any questions to the OP, but I still wanted to share high regards of BNA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.