Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

And the world's top frequent-flier awards for 2016 go to ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass

Top Frequent-Flier Awards
Old May 2, 2016, 12:06 am

haha those are the two I voted for.

WN and Marriot.
Old May 2, 2016, 2:09 pm

I think it's oddly commendable that Southwest, even after multiple devaluations, continues to keep itself just that much ahead of everybody else and their multiple devaluations.

Compared to the Southwest of a few years ago, D+. Compared to everyone else, A-.
Old May 2, 2016, 2:32 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by ursine1
I think it's oddly commendable that Southwest, even after multiple devaluations, continues to keep itself just that much ahead of everybody else and their multiple devaluations.

Compared to the Southwest of a few years ago, D+. Compared to everyone else, A-.
You nailed it. Southwest is the guy smoking weed when everyone else is mainlining heroin. You might not want him to drive you, but he beats the alternatives.
Old May 2, 2016, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The overall lists covered the world, but the list is divided into regions, and Southwest only won for the Americas. (Not that they would competing in Europe or Africa or Middle East or Oceania.)

And it mostly appears to have won on Customer Service. It won no other subcategories (despite winning the overall category).
Old May 2, 2016, 3:15 pm

Road Warriors Survey - USA Today

Best U.S. airlines: Picks from USA TODAY's travel panel.

246 Votes:

DL 82
AA 56
WN 41
UA. 32

[04/24/2016]
Old May 2, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, Hilton Diamond, ICH Platinum
Originally Posted by nsx
You nailed it. Southwest is the guy smoking weed when everyone else is mainlining heroin. You might not want him to drive you, but he beats the alternatives.
Interesting analogy and luckily, right on the money!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.