Wiki Posts
Search

A-List Benefits As Companion?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
A-List Benefits As Companion?

Searched and couldn't find an answer to this question, only the opposite.

I'm an A-List member, but will be traveling fairly frequently as a companion this year as my girlfriend recently got the CP. Since there was never a place to put in my Rapid Rewards number, I'm wondering if I will get A-List benefits (fly by, early boarding) when I'm traveling as the companion.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:08 pm

When your GF books your flight, she can enter your RR # so you get your A list benefits.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
If you have TSA Pre or a Known Traveler #, be ready to have your girlfeiend enter your number on every single booking.... Your RR# will be saved and automatically entered.

//Because, resasons... (IT is complicated for WN.)
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by expert7700
if you have tsa pre or a known traveler #, be ready to have your girlfriend enter your number on every single booking.... Your rr# will be saved and automatically entered.

//because, resasons... (it is complicated for wn.)
Every. Single. Time. (or risk the wrath of your significant other when you have TSA pre and they don't).
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Yup...if you are both A-List, you will both get A-List benefits. A-List benefits are applied to the traveler regardless of how the ticket was acquired or paid for assuming all of the RR info was applied to your reservation.

If your GF had CP and booked you and you were NOT A-List, her A-List benefits would NOT be extended to you. You would be on your own to check in and regular standby lines.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:43 pm

The reverse is also true. If she is not A list, she will not receive any A list benefits just because you do.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by expert7700
If you have TSA Pre or a Known Traveler #, be ready to have your girlfeiend enter your number on every single booking.... Your RR# will be saved and automatically entered.

//Because, resasons... (IT is complicated for WN.)
Figured this out the hard way on a recent trip to Las Vegas. Luckily there was a kind TSA agent who let my wife use the employee line instead of wait in line for about 45 minutes. I cancelled her previous booking for next weeks flight and ate the EBCI fees so I could put her KTN on the new booking.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by aaronw915
Figured this out the hard way on a recent trip to Las Vegas. Luckily there was a kind TSA agent who let my wife use the employee line instead of wait in line for about 45 minutes. I cancelled her previous booking for next weeks flight and ate the EBCI fees so I could put her KTN on the new booking.
FYI: You could have called WN and have had them add it manually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.