Search

WN to start service FLL-Nassau on Aug 7

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
WN to start service FLL-Nassau on Aug 7

Do not recall this being posted previously.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business...218-story.html
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
From a quick search it looks like there are still limited connections for the rest of the country so I'm not sure this is necessarily an improvement over BWI.

I hope this isn't similar to some of the other recent short haul changes where they just flow everything over the nearest focus city and hope for the best.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 3:28 pm

It is an improvement considering it doesn't leave FLL until almost noon, giving adequate time for connections to flow in from the North and Midwest, where-as BWI left early morning so only the extreme northwest provided same day connections.

However O&D on this route is enough that connections are not needed and would just be extra gravy. I expect them to double frequency fairly quickly.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 1:13 pm

I just noticed this when the schedule extension came out yesterday, and it's a huge bummer for me. Going to Nassau w my wife on 11/4-11/11, already have private plane leaving Nassau to Exuma at 2 p.m. on 11/4. I live in Albany, so I had been planning to just take ALB-BAL-NAS and get to NAS by noon, since that's what the schedule looks like up until 8/7.

Now it appears that starting in August, FLL is the only direct Southwest connection to NAS. Except the flight leaves FLL at 11:35 AM, and the ALB-BAL-FLL connection doesn't arrive until 12:10 p.m. And I can't take the 7:50 a.m. BAL-FLL flight, because the ALB-BAL earliest doesn't get to BAL until 7:30. Plus this all goes from 1 stop to 2 stop. No direct from ALB to FLL.

I had lots of points to use on SW. So unless Southwest changes this, they've lost 2 round trip tickets (plus likely everyone else flying to NAS out of the Northeast).
Old Feb 19, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
I feel your pain - flying DAL to NAS requires two one way tickets and an overnight in FLL (not a horrible thing). NAS to DAL is bookable on the return, thankfully.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.