Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Airlines Business Select - Worst

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Angry Southwest Airlines Business Select - Worst

I booked Southwest Business Select From Houston to Baltimore and it was the worst decision I made.

1. Business Select is not Business Class. I payed around $600 for business select and economy was around $160-$200.
2. As a Business select Customer they boarded me earlier.
3. From here .... hits the fan. There were customers already sitting in front because it was connecting flight and disabled and parents with kids were allowed before me ( which is fine by me). This meant I had to go all the way in the back to sit. Which defeats the purpose of business select and extra $.
4. There was no wifi, no TV, no on board radio, no premium drink and no special boarding. Business select = economy class+$$$$$$ for losers like me.
Seriously not even radio. God I remember flying 7 years ago with united and them having on board radio with 12-15 channels.
5. I called customer relation. They were the worst. They said sorry its all we can do and hung up on me. Nothing no explanation, when I asked them I could have got the same deal with economy class they said I get 12* rewards points. As a loser I paid extra $ to get 12* rewards points.

I could have bought 3 economy class tickets with same money and slept my way through the flight.

when other airlines say business they mean business class. with all the perks of business class.

I am not being entitled or anything. This is my 1st business class flight. I saved up money to buy this experience but I guess I am loser who missed the memo.

I flew southwest all my life. I wish I would have booked other airlines. Customer relation straight up sucks. I don't even why southwest has customer relation department when all they say is sorry and deal with it.

Sorry for my English and grammar. Not in mood to be articulate and be proper.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:58 pm

You flew Southwest all your life? Did you just assume there was a fancy business class section hidden somewhere? I'm sorry, this just seems funny. 😀
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
Dude did you think that Southwest had like special invisible biz class seats or something?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

I always flew economy class and thought the plane was full of economy class and when business class planes are different, where there is split between economy class and business class like other airlines. I was under that impression.

It might sound naive but i really thought that.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:44 pm

Programs: SWA Rapid Rewards
Business Select not Business Class

Southwest has ALWAYS been as expects to continue to be a SINGLE class airline. If you looked up "Business Select" on Southwest.com it would have told you what it is and what it isn't. Sorry you had to learn the hard way.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: Free agent
I know it's only February but I nominate this for Trip Report of the Year.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
You should have received a voucher for a premium drink. It's included in the insanely-expensive Business Select fare (even though their drinks are cheap anyway).

At least you probably got a few extra Rapid Rewards points.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Ryanair has now also a "Business Plus". Seems to be the same
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Sorry OP for your experience and also sorry but no offense I laughed out loud at your report. I mean, not at you but your story just made me laugh. Like others have said WN has always been a coach airline. There has not nor will there ever be a separate business class. That is not their business model.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Oh gosh, sorry you got fooled by WN's "Business Select" fare. The only time you can hope for any more legroom on a BS fare with WN is if it is an originating early morning flight that has RON at the airport. Aircraft starts empty. If you are in the first 1-5 or so in BS boarding, you can "maybe" snag an exit row seat. Pre-boards can't sit in the exit rows. Otherwise, hope for the front bulkhead rows, which some like.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
No more AirTran planes at WN,, all have been converted,,,
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:29 am

Everything that can be said has already been said. You bought a ticket on WN, and you got everything you paid for.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
No photos of your champagne and amenity kit? Come on dude, we have standards around here.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:38 am

In the past I had been really confident in my ability to detect first-post rants based on thread title alone. But lately I'd had a few big misses. This one restored a little bit of my confidence.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
As this is not a trip report I will move it over to the appropriate forum.

matthandy
Moderator: Trip Reports

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.