Wiki Posts
Search

Non Stop Pairs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Non Stop Pairs

I am hoping to get a Companion Pass within the next couple of months and trying to plan some future travels. One idea I have is to put together a bunch (maybe 5) cities that I can do non-stops between. Kind of a WN road trip. My initial short list is BUF>MDW>MEM>AUS. Is there an easy way to see what pairs of cities WN currently serves so I can see other options. Has anyone else put together this type of journey and how did it work out. Thinking of spending 2-3 days in each city and possibly not getting a rental car, trying to rely on public trans when possible. The interactive map on the website is a pain to use and too jumbled.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The interactive route map is, IMHO, better than what you'll find on most airlines. Just hover over a city and select from the red (nonstop) lines to put together your trip.

The flight schedules page can give you times of flights once you've picked the route.

Seems like an interesting way to tour the U.S., but a rather lengthy and convoluted process to get a CP.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:57 pm

When I glanced at the main forum page, I read this as Non Stop Paris. ;-)
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by pinniped
Seems like an interesting way to tour the U.S., but a rather lengthy and convoluted process to get a CP.
Perhaps this is the plan to utilize the CP which I salute you as I rarely have put mine to use, maybe 2x per year!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
You can also click the "Nonstop Only" box on the route map and when you hover over a city you'll only see the non-stop routes, a bit easier on the eyes.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pinniped
The interactive route map is, IMHO, better than what you'll find on most airlines. Just hover over a city and select from the red (nonstop) lines to put together your trip.

The flight schedules page can give you times of flights once you've picked the route.

All the blue and red lines together are just too convoluted. I didn't know there was a non-stop only check off that would eliminate the blue lines as someone else pointed out.

I am getting the CP through CC points and some already taken or planned travel. The trip I am referencing here is just a fun way to utilize the CP once I have it.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BruceWG
You can also click the "Nonstop Only" box on the route map and when you hover over a city you'll only see the non-stop routes, a bit easier on the eyes.
Thanks that is much easier but I am still hoping to look through a list and see that they fly from X to Y non stop. X and Y being places that I might not normally travel to and may never get back to. I have travelled quite a bit and have become a big fan of WN over the past 2-3 years. LUV the no baggage fees (golfer) and non stop flights are so much easier. I typically drive 2+ hr to get to an airport to use them and rarely use my "home" airport.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

My updated short list is BUF>MDW>MEM>AUS>LAS>BUF Is there an easy way to book all these flights or are they all single one way, one at a time?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:50 pm

Do it one at a time for many reasons including ease of changes. You can only do 2 segments at a time anyway...
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
Thanks that is much easier but I am still hoping to look through a list and see that they fly from X to Y non stop. X and Y being places that I might not normally travel to and may never get back to. I have travelled quite a bit and have become a big fan of WN over the past 2-3 years. LUV the no baggage fees (golfer) and non stop flights are so much easier. I typically drive 2+ hr to get to an airport to use them and rarely use my "home" airport.
While it's not an "official" list published by WN Wikipedia usually has accurate listings for nonstop destinations served by an airport. For example, search for Buffalo Niagara International Airport, scroll down to to Airlines and destinations and it will show what you're looking for.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:59 pm

This might be helpful for a few more days:

https://www.southwest.com/html/promo...le-160209.html
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by joshua362

^
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshua362

Thanks! That's easier for me to get some ideas from.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Get yourself to the southwest part of the country and bounce around with a bunch of short segment to various golf destinations. LAS, SoCal, PHX...maybe even ABQ (?). Or, follow your plan and head that way from Texas.

I'm flying WN to SNA tomorrow, with my golf clubs, to head out to Palm Springs. Using 2 HH certs there...staying at La Quinta and playing PGA West.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by texashoser
When I glanced at the main forum page, I read this as Non Stop Paris. ;-)
How would that be displayed on SW.com - one stop, Atlantic Ocean, no plane change

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.