FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Route change [speculation / observations] re: WN [next / recent] schedule extension (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1743249-route-change-speculation-observations-re-wn-next-recent-schedule-extension.html)

Poker2012chu Jan 5, 2017 10:54 am

Originally Posted by zachary (Post 27709452)
From what I can see, STL-CHS is weekends only -- 1 flight each way on Saturday and Sunday.

Ah, ok. I was checking the weekdays, and nothing was showing up.

ty97 Jan 5, 2017 11:54 am

Originally Posted by beyondhere (Post 27709160)
What is also interesting is AA absent on nonstop service between TPA and LGA/JFK, even though AA views NYC as a "cornerstone" market, and it's quite big in Florida and the Southeast.

AA doesn't seem to realize there is a west coast of Florida. The single JFK-TPA CR9 was pathetic and then they even cut that a few years ago.

Lack of RSW/TPA non-stops are a part of what got me cheating on AA with DL in the first place.

N830MH Jan 5, 2017 11:58 am

On February 23, 2017 we will open our schedule for sale through September 29, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
The next schedule extension is on February 23, 2017. You will see more FLL international routes & Domestic routes, as well.

nineworldseries Jan 5, 2017 12:02 pm

Dang. Still waiting for my nonstop CMH-LGA. I was hoping with the shuttering of CAK, we would pick up their LGA nonstop.

chuckworth Jan 5, 2017 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by shtimseht (Post 27708801)
Is anyone else having troubles booking or changing flights in the newly released window? I seem to be getting the dreaded "We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error" message. - I booked a few flights in June but no luck past July 4. Is it just me?

I am experiencing the same issue trying to book a few flights for June. Called in and was told it is due to the new res system. Had to complete the bookings over the phone.

kenban Jan 5, 2017 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 27707313)
Darn. I had been hoping to visit the humongous Air Force museum there some day.

It is completely worth it even if you have to drive from CMH. The museum is massive and they just opened a new wing which contains the presidential and R&D planes.

As a warning it is difficult to get done in one day. Although I would always recommend visiting some of the Wright Brothers sites around town as well if you have time.

Poker2012chu Jan 5, 2017 5:12 pm

We talk a lot about all of the possible new routes, but speculation for routes that will discontinued? I am a bit surprised to see how STL-MCI still have 4 daily flights at a minimum of $127 or $137 a pop (used to be at least $40 cheaper 4+ years ago). I have flown it before, and the trip to there was full, but the return had only 12 people on it...

Although I feel like such discussions would be more appropriate for the next (fall) schedule thread.

mile ho Jan 5, 2017 8:10 pm

Anyone able to book GCM?

alggag Jan 5, 2017 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by mile ho (Post 27712463)
Anyone able to book GCM?

I believe that they only submitted their application to start flying today and that while its tentatively scheduled for June 4 it's not actually loaded yet.

N830MH Jan 5, 2017 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by alggag (Post 27712496)
I believe that they only submitted their application to start flying today and that while its tentatively scheduled for June 4 it's not actually loaded yet.

Right, not yet. They have wait for an approved from DOT. So please be patient.

jco613 Jan 6, 2017 7:28 am

Originally Posted by nineworldseries (Post 27710052)
Dang. Still waiting for my nonstop CMH-LGA. I was hoping with the shuttering of CAK, we would pick up their LGA nonstop.

CAK hasn't had a LGA nonstop in years...sadly

nineworldseries Jan 6, 2017 7:38 am

Originally Posted by jco613 (Post 27714297)
CAK hasn't had a LGA nonstop in years...sadly

Seems like it ended in May 2015, so I guess technically "years," but thanks for the heads-up. Sorry I never got to fly out of CAK (or DAY) on WN.

Cledaybuck Jan 6, 2017 8:01 am

Originally Posted by nineworldseries (Post 27714336)
Seems like it ended in May 2015, so I guess technically "years," but thanks for the heads-up. Sorry I never got to fly out of CAK (or DAY) on WN.

I flew DEN-DAY and DAY-MCO-DAY when they still existed. It is a nice small and easy airport to fly to or from. I have actually been driving to CMH lately for more nonstop options (LAS, RSW, BOS, BWI/DCA, PHX) even though I am much closer to DAY. Probably part of the reason they are pulling out.

N830MH Feb 17, 2017 12:55 am

WN next schedule extension February 23 for September 29, 2017

The next schedule extension is on February 23, 2017 for September 29, 2017.

Any new route, new international routes, and new city, as well. Any small city will closed?

bgriz18 Feb 17, 2017 6:09 am

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 27920847)
The next schedule extension is on February 23, 2017 for September 29, 2017.

Any new route, new international routes, and new city, as well. Any small city will closed?

I don't expect anything major. All 737-300s have to exit the fleet by then in order to bring the MAXes into the fleet. It will temporarily reduce their fleet size a little bit in September.

I'd guess more non-daily flights, maybe more international out of HOU or FLL. HOU-GCM, FLL-PUJ come to mind as missing from existing destinations they serve. WN also applied for more HOU-MEX flights but the MEX slots won't be awarded in time for this schedule release.