Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Route change [speculation / observations] re: WN [next / recent] schedule extension

Route change [speculation / observations] re: WN [next / recent] schedule extension

Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:58 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by N830MH
Southwest will pulls Dayton operations. They will shifting to CVG instead.
Darn. I had been hoping to visit the humongous Air Force museum there some day.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:46 am

Yikes, the prices are atrocious.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
WN adds 2 new daily nonstop LGA-TPA.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...lights-to.html
LGA slots looks to be made available for TPA by moving LGA-IND 2x to EWR-IND 2x. SAN and OAK also look to be launching from EWR. The lift on slots at EWR is certainly making for some interesting moves.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Looks like they adds new daily nonstop from FLL.

FLL-GCM
FLL-IAD
FLL-CUN
FLL-MCO
FLL-MBJ
FLL-BZE
FLL-SNU
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: LTP, PP
WN adds 2 new daily nonstop LGA-TPA.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...lights-to.html
Without even looking, I would wager this is going to come at a cost to ISP, just been simply decimated since 2011...
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
New Routes From June 2017

Via FlightGlobal:
Attached Images  

Last edited by steved5480; Jan 5, 2017 at 10:13 am Reason: Modified with more detailed chart
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by joshua362
Without even looking, I would wager this is going to come at a cost to ISP, just been simply decimated since 2011...
I still see 2x ISP-TPA on the new schedule, which I think is consistent with the past (though open to correction on that).

B6 moved their LGA-TPA to EWR-TPA last year in order to fund some slots for LGA-BOS launch. That opened up an opportunity for WN since only DL remained on LGA-TPA.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:23 am

Is anyone else having troubles booking or changing flights in the newly released window? I seem to be getting the dreaded "We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error" message. - I booked a few flights in June but no luck past July 4. Is it just me?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Ooh, ^ on adding GCM. It's definitely one of the few Carribean destinations I'm interested in.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:05 am

According to the flystl twitter page, STL-CHS will also be a new route.

https://twitter.com/flystl?ref_src=t...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Apparently, those nonstop flights are on weekends only.

Last edited by Poker2012chu; Jan 5, 2017 at 10:56 am Reason: fact checking
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by ty97
I still see 2x ISP-TPA on the new schedule, which I think is consistent with the past (though open to correction on that).

B6 moved their LGA-TPA to EWR-TPA last year in order to fund some slots for LGA-BOS launch. That opened up an opportunity for WN since only DL remained on LGA-TPA.
I figured LGA-TPA was going to be under-served with only DL on it, and thus, WN could make a go for it.

What is also interesting is AA absent on nonstop service between TPA and LGA/JFK, even though AA views NYC as a "cornerstone" market, and it's quite big in Florida and the Southeast.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
With this new schedule release, I would have thought Southwest would have been a little more hygienic and cleaned up the 3-stop and 4-stop flights that were widely discussed on here. However, that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm still seeing lots of this multi-connection craziness.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:15 am

From what I can see, STL-CHS is weekends only -- 1 flight each way on Saturday and Sunday.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by nsx
Darn. I had been hoping to visit the humongous Air Force museum there some day.
Well you still can! CMH is still well served by WN and the drive from CMH to the museum is about 1:15 assuming no issues with traffic. (I work just down from the museum.) CVG will be a bit longer drive. Definitely worth a visit - they just added a whole new building to house the Presidential, space and experimental aircraft collection. Also some Wright brothers sites in town.

Disappointed to see WN leave DAY but it's not a shock. Often CMH pricing and schedules are much better (not just with WN) and from my house it's almost as easy to use CMH as DAY, so we usually depart from Columbus.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:25 am

Bill Owen's write-up: https://www.southwestaircommunity.co...hed/ba-p/50394

It seems LAX-LIR, after being an often-discussed route, is being discontinued.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.