Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Route change [speculation / observations] re: WN [next / recent] schedule extension

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Route change [speculation / observations] re: WN [next / recent] schedule extension

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:08 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
I don't think anyone is predicting either though
Yeah agreed. I was curious if WN axed the route due to limited gate availability at SFO with T1 construction or a lack of traffic on the route. I'm guessing the latter.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
There has been some talk of Hawaii being announced, which is odd considering I thought they still had work to do on ETOPS certification....
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MIDWESTERNFLYER
There has been some talk of Hawaii being announced, which is odd considering I thought they still had work to do on ETOPS certification....
Good! Let make it happen. We will see what happens on Monday.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Good! Let make it happen. We will see what happens on Monday.
As excited as I am for the idea of companion pass travel to HI, I'm *not* looking forward to six hours on what will surely be full flights...
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Here is what I have heard, still nothing confirmed though...

1.Heard that WN maintenance on the west coast has been awarded etops certifications (OAK mechanic talked about ETOPS awards yesterday, he said 8 each going to SMF and SJC and then 20 (or may have been 24) going to SAN.) Interestingly enough, SMF has said there will be multiple routes announced on Monday as well...

2.During a WN new hire training last week the WN finance department came and mentioned that there is an announcement Monday that is going to send shockwaves through a west coast carrier that flies 737s (presumably Alaska)

3.A pilot who had to sign a NDA said that he "wouldn't be surprised" if they announced Hawaii on Monday.

AGAIN NOTHING CONFIRMED, but it is a possibility...
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Based upon what I heard, HI isn't going to be announced until some time between labor day and Thanksgiving. However, maybe things have moved up if they got the mx in place and the air crafts available to do so. That's just the rumors I've heard.

I've also heard rumors that FLL may be opening up a crew base due to the amount of international flights out of there and the need for Spanish speaking FA's. However, I have not heard an exact time frame for this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c
Based upon what I heard, HI isn't going to be announced until some time between labor day and Thanksgiving. However, maybe things have moved up if they got the mx in place and the air crafts available to do so. That's just the rumors I've heard.

I've also heard rumors that FLL may be opening up a crew base due to the amount of international flights out of there and the need for Spanish speaking FA's. However, I have not heard an exact time frame for this.
Well if the earliest you heard was labor day, a week early wouldn't be that much of a surprise...

I hear a LAX crew base could be in the works as well...
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by MIDWESTERNFLYER
Well if the earliest you heard was labor day, a week early wouldn't be that much of a surprise...

I hear a LAX crew base could be in the works as well...
I didn't say Labor Day. I said between Labor Day and Thanksgiving. The source I have gave me a more specific time. However, I don't want to give the date because I'm not in the inner circle, just someone with a source. So, for now, let's just with my time frame.

But, I guess tomorrow, we'll find out.

Last edited by Seat13c; Aug 27, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:43 am

STL-SJC, SMF-STL, SJC-MSY, SJC-BOI, BOI-SMF, GEG-SJC, SJC/SMF-SJD, IND-AUS, OAK-MCO, so far! haven't gone through every city yet!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:20 am

It appears STL-CUN is back to Saturday only service
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Did they get rid of the summer abq-mco non stop or does that start later in the summer?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Also, JAX-FLL is back!!! 3x daily RT.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:52 am

I had a SWA employee ask me if I had heard anything about a big announcement that was in the works. She told me rumors were flying around inside the company but no one really knew. Speculation ranged from starting HI to opening or expanding crew bases in various locations including FLL LAX and ATL.

I don't think they're ready for HI yet as far as ETOPS certification.

Any one got any ideas?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PHX-LGA has been added. It will operated for Saturday only.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Speaking of HI... can you imagine how many of those flights will be filled with points only people as well as CP users?
I'd bet 50% or more. unless thye make some special exception for those people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.