FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   A Preferred & Business Select checkin (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1731757-preferred-business-select-checkin.html)

mthake Dec 14, 2015 7:07 pm

A Preferred & Business Select checkin

Hi again,

I'm needing some help. I've read through several threads, and I'm seeing conflicting information.

Here's my dilemma.I have A+, and I booked BS. My employee, without RR, booked BS.

I purchased 36 hours before my employee.

I checked in about 8 hours before flight, and I got A9.

My employee checking in 8 hours before flight, and got A6.

Am I missing something? I thought A+ would check me in automatically at T36. Is that the case, or do I need to check in T24 manually?

smmrfld Dec 14, 2015 7:18 pm

BS fares are assigned by check-in time starting at T-24.

hiker72 Dec 14, 2015 7:19 pm

WN does not check you in on BS fares. You have to do it yourself, whether you are AL or not.... Starting at T24

mthake Dec 14, 2015 8:02 pm

Well now, what the #$%@

Ok, watch out people. I'm back on my game. Back to the old ways of doing checking in. Your competition is back once again!

Checking in - in T- 19 minutes and counting......

PAX62 Dec 14, 2015 8:06 pm

I was recently confused by this as well and got complacent not checking in with A+.

Status means squat for BS position assignment. It is every man (or woman) for themselves at T-24!

mthake Dec 14, 2015 8:22 pm

A-02 Bitc#2s.....

Yahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back

joshua362 Dec 15, 2015 5:39 am

Originally Posted by PAX62 (Post 25864974)
I was recently confused by this as well and got complacent not checking in with A+.

Status means squat for BS position assignment. It is every man (or woman) for themselves at T-24!

This is correct. This how I was able to get A01 consistently for 2+ years only to watch it go to waste on connections due to late arrivals.

Apparently not well known (or cared about).

hiker72 Dec 15, 2015 11:56 am

A15 isn't really much different than A1 unless you're looking for the exit row. Also, rarely do I see BS sold out. On average, I'd guess BS goes to about A9 (in my experience).

Since I prefer sitting towards the front of the plane within the first 5 or 6 rows, none of this means squat to me. A16 is just as good as A1 to me. Hell, A20 will garner me an aisle seat within the first 5 rows 90% of the time.

So unless you're looking for exit row, I don't see what the bid deal is about getting A1 or A2.

mthake Dec 15, 2015 7:19 pm

I'm 6'3".

Yes, I'm headed for the exit row!

hiker72 Dec 16, 2015 11:35 am

Originally Posted by mthake (Post 25870442)
I'm 6'3".

Yes, I'm headed for the exit row!

Same height here. Regular rows aren't much of an issue unless I'm looking to slouch down in my seat 6 inches and spread my legs Al Bundy style.

rsteinmetz70112 Dec 16, 2015 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by hiker72 (Post 25864784)
WN does not check you in on BS fares. You have to do it yourself, whether you are AL or not.... Starting at T24

That's Great,
  1. Fly More to get A+
  2. Pay More to get BS,
  3. Get Less accommodation
Excellent Premium Program.

dmbolp Apr 9, 2019 7:55 am

A+, got auto-checked in just now for a BS flight tomorrow morning. Picked up my phone to manually check in and already had a messaged thru Notification Center on my phone with A-01 boarding position. Don't know if A+ helped, but a sign that some, if not all, BS boarding positions are auto-assigned.

harold Apr 9, 2019 8:35 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 30981528)
A+, got auto-checked in just now for a BS flight tomorrow morning. Picked up my phone to manually check in and already had a messaged thru Notification Center on my phone with A-01 boarding position. Don't know if A+ helped, but a sign that some, if not all, BS boarding positions are auto-assigned.

That represents a major change in the way things have been done in the past. Wonder what the algorithm is for assigning position?

ursine1 Apr 9, 2019 11:37 am

Originally Posted by harold (Post 30981647)
That represents a major change in the way things have been done in the past. Wonder what the algorithm is for assigning position?

If A-List check in has been expanded to include BS fares, then it would likely be the same (unknown) algorithm as they've always used (but with BS fares coming first).

dmbolp Apr 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Auto checked-in again tonight for the return tomorrow, A-03 ☹️🙂