Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Delay in posting points from RR Visa: I think Southwest RR is jerking me around

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

So I am only about 450 points away from my companion pass. I need to book a flight but was holding off until I get it because I spent over $5k on my Chase RR card this month and knew I would reach the 110K points.
The points from the Chase RR card have always posted on the 24th of the month like clockwork. It is now the 30th and they still have not posted. Chase shows they were transferred on the 24th.
First call to Southwest they told me it was Chase and to call them.
Chase confirmed they were transferred to SW on the 24th. Another call to Southwest and I was told to call another Southwest number. Called that number and after a 20 minute hold I was told Chase is having an issue and it could be delayed another week. According to Chase this isn't true.
I look at it like I am losing 2 weeks on my companion pass and I believe it is Southwest's issue, maybe on purpose?

Is anyone else having problems with their Chase points being transferred this month?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:58 pm

No problem here. When is the flight you want to take? Have you booked yourself? Book yourself now to lock in price and companion when points post. Don't stress.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 6:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Southwest CP, A+, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I have had that problem a couple of times last year. It appeared to me as a SW problem. It was a large amount of points coming from Chase into my account. SW flagged them for review at load time. First time it loaded 8 days late and the second time it loaded 23 days late.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Yes, same thing for me. An unusually high amount of points were delayed about 8 days in the summer of this year. Calling SW or Chase didn't help.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:23 am

I was beginning to think it was just me. I have two SW Chase cards, and the points have posted a day or two after the closing date every month for at least the past two years.

Suddenly this month I am at 8 days past the statement closing date and still no points posted to my SW RR account.

Chase says they reported the points, SW just provides a canned response about waiting up to 30 days.

If something unusual is going on, it would be nice to know. I am not as close to CP as the OP is...I expect to hit it by the next statement closing. But they are making me suspicious.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:58 pm

Same thing here, my dads first statement closed 10/26 ( Monday) and no points as of 10/31.

I can see the points on his CC statement and the RR# on his credit card is correct.

I have emails into Chase and SW but it seems as if this is a larger issue than just me.

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Yes, same thing for me. An unusually high amount of points were delayed about 8 days in the summer of this year. Calling SW or Chase didn't help.
Was the 8 day delay a one time thing ? My wives points have been posting fine for months but my dads first statement just closed Monday and no points as of today ( Saturday)
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: WN A-list, WN Companion Pass, Marriott Platinum
In the same boat. Statement closed on 23rd and 3k short of compassion pass. Messaged Chase and they said it was WN. I tend to believe Chase. WN likes to play games. No points posted as of today.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I'm sure WN has screwed up here.

I find it funny that you think this has happened so that your CP posts 2 weeks later.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:56 am
dc2

Programs: Marriott: LTP
Originally Posted by Bookasan
Is anyone else having problems with their Chase points being transferred this month?
Yes.
DH's Chase Marriott account closed 5 days ago and no points have posted.
DH's Chase SWA account closed 4 days ago and no points have posted.

This is the longest (that I have noticed, anyway) that it has taken for points to post on his accounts.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+, Delta Diamond Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum, Skyclub Executive
i received my 52000 points within 3 weeks of reaching the required charges.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:11 pm

This happens from time to time, but I've never had it take more than a week at most for Southwest to post the points. This month, my account closed on the 22nd, and the points posted on Southwest on the 23rd. Admittedly, I'm not trying to qualify for CP.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:04 pm

From The SWA website, "Keep Rapid Rewards Account Active": "*Points will remain active as long as you have at least one qualifying earning activity every 24 months. Qualifying earning activities include: 1) completed travel on Southwest® qualifying flights, 2) points earned by transacting with any current Rapid Rewards® Partner, 3) points earned through everyday purchases using Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Credit Cards and through points transferred from Diners Club®, and 4) points purchased for personal account use. Member should allow four to six weeks or such time as is otherwise specified for points to post from qualifying activity. Points gifted or transferred to another Member only keep the recipient’s point balance active. The last activity date will be the latter of the last qualifying earn activity or date of Award expiration. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply."

I can't find anything stating an "otherwise specified" length of time for points to post from the SWA CC.

That said, the points have always posted to my account within a week to 10 days (at the most) of the CC closing date.

Last edited by NextTrip; Nov 1, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:52 pm

My dads points from his 10/26 closing posted today. A few days late but no big deal

Since this was his first closing I was more concerned as I wanted to make sure the RR # was correct and I don't have the physical card
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: HHSilver;SWACompanion;AA;CO
Well, I'll voice my concern over not seeing my points--credited by Chase on 10/23/15, but not posted in my RR account until today, 11/1/15.

Seems like no big deal, until you realize that the terms of earning the Companion Pass state that points are not EARNED until they post.

In 2014, I got caught believing that once I'd paid my Chase CC, the points were available and would result in a Companion Pass, but my CC account closing date was too close to the last day of the month and the points didn't post until 1/4/15.....no CP for me.
So, I changed my CC statement closing date to the 23rd--and now it looks like that may not help me, either, if SW doesn't "bother" to post the points until after the first of the month.....If they do the same with the Dec. points, they will literally screw me out of a CP--AGAIN.

This was the thread that I started back in 2014:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...r-account.html
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by swaluvr
Well, I'll voice my concern over not seeing my points--credited by Chase on 10/23/15, but not posted in my RR account until today, 11/1/15.

Seems like no big deal, until you realize that the terms of earning the Companion Pass state that points are not EARNED until they post.

In 2014, I got caught believing that once I'd paid my Chase CC, the points were available and would result in a Companion Pass, but my CC account closing date was too close to the last day of the month and the points didn't post until 1/4/15.....no CP for me.
So, I changed my CC statement closing date to the 23rd--and now it looks like that may not help me, either, if SW doesn't "bother" to post the points until after the first of the month.....If they do the same with the Dec. points, they will literally screw me out of a CP--AGAIN.

This was the thread that I started back in 2014:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...r-account.html
Then complete the spend now if you are that worried. Your statement will close 11/23 and you have until 12/31 for the points to post.

Why are you getting CP at the END of the year anyway ? The best value of CP is to get all 110K CPQP as early in the year as possible

Last edited by flyer4512; Nov 1, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.