Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Dec-early Feb nationwide sale $49/99/129/149

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:05 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

The fall sale is here. Book now through Thursday. Travel dates are limited, and Super Bowl weekend prices to and from SF are still insane. If you are flexible on dates, the prices are the best you will see for these months.

https://www.southwest.com/html/promo...le-151013.html

Purchase from October 13 through October 15, 2015, 11:59 p.m. for the respective time zone of the originating city.

Travel December 2 through December 16, 2015, and January 5 through February 10, 2016. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid December 2 through December 10, 2015, and January 19 through February 10, 2016.

Travel not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to/from Florida or Nevada is valid only on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid only Mondays through Thursdays.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
PSA: prepare for website errors. Did a lot of refaring this morning. Probably errored out every third time.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:24 am

As expected, their hubs and competitive airports like DEN and ATL have the most to offer. Pretty lame if you live in their smaller markets. For example, live in CRP? There is exactly one sale destination: HOU. :-(
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:48 am

Just bought three RT's (non-sale). Sight seems sluggish but I got all three without any errors. 10 minutes later an no email confirmations - so that side of the house is probably slower than normal with its database catching up with all the transactions.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Originally Posted by texashoser
As expected, their hubs and competitive airports like DEN and ATL have the most to offer. Pretty lame if you live in their smaller markets. For example, live in CRP? There is exactly one sale destination: HOU. :-(
That makes sense. The sale is for nonstops only.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
not really seeing deals to Vegas for February from Dallas, maybe because its superbowl month
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by palmetto86
Ah. I haven't paid attention, but in the past, are WN sales usually restricted to non-stops?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by palmetto86
Perhaps it makes sense to purchase 2 separate tickets?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:13 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by texashoser
Ah. I haven't paid attention, but in the past, are WN sales usually restricted to non-stops?
I think that means nothing more than that you might have to pay a few dollars more in taxes if you have stops.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Less than thrilled with the date ranges. If Presidents' Day weekend is going to be excluded as well as five weeks for Christmas/New Year's/MLK the sale could be extended through mid/late March. No one is going on spring break in the third week of February.

Southwest has gotten a lot more aggressive in everyday pricing on routes I have shopped (MSP to south and east) so there is less room for a wow factor in the semiannual sale.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Southwest has gotten a lot more aggressive in everyday pricing on routes I have shopped (MSP to south and east) so there is less room for a wow factor in the semiannual sale.
Agreed - the MCO-DAL "sale" rate is actually about twice what I've been paying. It feels weird to be hoping the prices go back down when the sale ends!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
I think that means nothing more than that you might have to pay a few dollars more in taxes if you have stops.
Maybe, but I'm still curious if they ever offer advertised sale fares to non-nontop markets that are significantly cheaper than stringing, for example, two non-stops together.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:14 pm

Indeed, the advertised fares need to include taxes and fees, and SWA doesn't want to absorb the extra fees for trips with stops.

One curiosity I noticed: the sale fare MCI-OAK is $149 on the non-stop; for the same day I find MCI-SFO, without non-stops, at $128 for a direct 1-stop or $132 with a connection (and the MCI-LAX sale fare is $129).
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: HH Silver
The non stop flights to LAS from SEA are on sale for $99. The one stops are $85. There are some good hidden city fares out there right now.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:19 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The website has worked flawlessly for me today. That's impressive given the traffic generated by this sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.