Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Southwest sell food on longer International flights?

Does Southwest sell food on longer International flights?

Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Yeah, I eat sushi all the time and if it stinks enough to stink up a plane then I think you got yourself some bad stuff.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just bring what you want with you. WN doesn't do long international flights and, even if it did, it doesn't have catering contracts, so that's the end of that.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
There's nothing that "long haul" about that flight. It's under 2000 miles. So actually it's a shorter flight than many domestic transcon flights, such as LAX-BWI which Southwest has flown (always with just ordinary snack and drink service).
On routes like LAX-BWI, or AFAIK routes over 3.5 or 4 hrs, WN FAs do make two rounds of snack and drink service up and down the cabin. They also give the bigger snack bags.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:50 am

Thumbs up Food service on southwest airlines

With longer flights over 3.5 hrs, you will be offered a variety Crackers, Cookies, Pretzels, Peanuts and free non-alcoholic drinks/water...as much as you want, unlimited snacking!! The flight attendants come through the cabin offering snacks from a very large basket,very frequently, about once per hour and always generous, to give you more snacks on request. They allow food brought on board, actually just bring a Sandwich or Oscar Meyer "Lunchables" kit/small, inexpensive and your get a meat, cheese protein, which are perfect for inflight food! They are light, yet filling,...bring two! You can have a complete lunch type meal with the lunchables or sandwich and the in-flight snacks offered. You will be to satisfied,you until you reach your destination, and then can have a full meal! As a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant of 37 years, we see all types of food on our long haul flts of ver3.5 hrs! I remember once, a Thanksgiving Day flight I was working, a family of 6, brought 9 full meals turkey dinners from the terminal restaurant on boars to consume! Oh, the extra 3 meals...were for the crew working the flights on that plane that day, to share amongst us! That's the best part of working for WN, our PAX are just the best!

Last edited by Ladiee Avanti; Jun 6, 2018 at 6:53 pm Reason: add comment
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
??????????????????
harold likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Can a Lunchable be used to save a seat?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I certainly won't sit next to you if I know you have lunchables.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Ladiee Avanti
They allow food brought on board...Oscar Meyer "Lunchables" kit/small, inexpensive and your get a meat, cheese protein, which are perfect for inflight food! They are light, yet filling,...bring two! You can have a complete lunch type meal with the lunchables or sandwich and the in-flight snacks offered. You will be to satisfied,you until you reach your destination, and then can have a full meal!.
It might be difficult to find Oscar Meyer at international outstations, so here is a coupon to help!

harold likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ladiee Avanti
I remember once, a Thanksgiving Day flight I was working, a family of 6, brought 9 full meals turkey dinners from the terminal restaurant on boars to consume!
Interesting. Were the boars service animals?
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld

Interesting. Were the boars service animals?
They were Seeing Eye Boars. At least according to their vests. The handler didn't have any issues reading the Sunday newspaper he brought aboard though.
harold and kennycrudup like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.