Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

No Show on WN Reward Ticket = Points Refuned - Sounds Too Good To Be True

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:54 am
Original Poster

My understanding is that I can simply "no show" a reward ticket reservation (one-way only) and my points will be refunded. I also understand this is different than for paid flights. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:05 am

I can confirm this. Your $5.60 becomes travel funds.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: Globallist
I'm on my ONE yearly, wait at the gate for my DELTA flight for the year, everything on WN is too good to be true! Unless you have top tier with any other airline. FT: home of the complaining, no time to give atta boys here, did you not read the FT guidelines?

Go about your day....
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:51 am

Yeah, but this magical refund is useless because there is no first class, the peanuts suck, there is no lounge, and you have to board the plane like you are in pre-school. Who cares if you can no-show an award and be refunded?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
OP, I hope you still contact WN before the flight to cancel so they can plan for your absence. Let's keep this nice perk!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

@Doc Savage: yes, I will do my best to cancel if I don't need the flight. I only wanted to know if I absolutely had to cancel or not. I agree it is better to not abuse so maybe the perk will be around a little longer than it might otherwise. Doubtful it is much of an issue for WN since they like to overbook anyway.

@returnoftheyeti: for short domestic flights, I really could care less about lack of first class (domestic first class in USA is weak anyway), peanuts or other food, and WN's goofy boarding system (particularly when flying solo). Also, there are lots of other avenues for lounge access if that is important. In any case, I see this a very valuable perk.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by cletraveler
Thanks for the replies.

@returnoftheyeti: for short domestic flights, I really could care less about lack of first class (domestic first class in USA is weak anyway), peanuts or other food, and WN's goofy boarding system (particularly when flying solo). Also, there are lots of other avenues for lounge access if that is important. In any case, I see this a very valuable perk.
Sarcasm. I luv WN. And the peanuts
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:00 am
Original Poster

darn sarcasm - I missed it again. Sorry!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:22 pm

One of the many reasons I love LUV. I never thought there was a need for this until the day before a vacation to SAN I got terribly sick when out of town and was just trying to find a way to get home that I totally forgot about cancelling our flights. After I'd gotten home the next day I realized that we'd missed our flights and there my points were back in my account.

I totally agree we should cancel whenever possible so this doesn't get abused and taken away, but it was nice to have a little safety net, whether intentional or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.