Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Buying one-way tickets and Visa Signature's Trip Delay reimbursement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

I know about Visa Signature's trip delay reimbursement where they can reimburse up to $500 for reasonable needs for travel delayed more than 12 hours or overnight.

My question is if anyone has been able to take advantage of this when buying one-way 'round trip' tickets with Southwest as is typically recommended. Reason being that the terms state that a round-trip ticket is required.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:56 am

This says no:
http://millionmilesecrets.com/2015/0...e-chase-cards/
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If your ticket is A-B and you happen to have another ticket for some other itinerary, you haven't been "delayed". It's one of the very few downsides of OW on WN.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Welp, filed a claim... we will see what happens.

Also, what are the benefits now for doing one ways? Now you can change either leg of the flight independently from the other, which was one of the main reasons to do this.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by JunkDiver
Also, what are the benefits now for doing one ways? Now you can change either leg of the flight independently from the other, which was one of the main reasons to do this.
Discussion: Reasons to book all Southwest travel as one-way rather than round-trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.