International WGA w points refund?

Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

International WGA w points refund?

I know that Wanna Get Away fares purchase with points are refundable. My question is whether there are different provisions for international itineraries? I ask before if you look at the fare details for a domestic wanna get away fare with points, it says "Nonrefundable unless purchased with points". When you look at the fare details for an international itinerary, it just says "nonrefundable" (the "unless purchased with points" is missing).

I want to book a tentative international trip but I wanted to ensure I wouldn't have an issue cancelling and getting both the taxes and points refunded if I need to cancel.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
I have cancelled international points bookings and received the points back instantly and fees refunded just like domestic bookings.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:19 am
Original Poster

thank--appreciate the piece of mind
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by cybertraveler
I know that Wanna Get Away fares purchase with points are refundable. My question is whether there are different provisions for international itineraries? I ask before if you look at the fare details for a domestic wanna get away fare with points, it says "Nonrefundable unless purchased with points". When you look at the fare details for an international itinerary, it just says "nonrefundable" (the "unless purchased with points" is missing).

I want to book a tentative international trip but I wanted to ensure I wouldn't have an issue cancelling and getting both the taxes and points refunded if I need to cancel.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I would not rely on one user's anecdotal experience. Call WN and pose the specific question, citing the fare rules. The earlier poster's experience could have been an error by WN, the fare rules you read could be an error or the rules could have changed.

It's not as though you will be able to argue to WN that you should receive a points credit because someone on an anonymous internet forum told you that they did.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
Originally Posted by FindAWay
I have cancelled international points bookings and received the points back instantly and fees refunded just like domestic bookings.
Same.

Originally Posted by Often1
I would not rely on one user's anecdotal experience. Call WN and pose the specific question, citing the fare rules. The earlier poster's experience could have been an error by WN, the fare rules you read could be an error or the rules could have changed.

It's not as though you will be able to argue to WN that you should receive a points credit because someone on an anonymous internet forum told you that they did.
It's pretty common knowledge on this board that they are refundable.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by bon95
Originally Posted by Often1

It's pretty common knowledge on this board that they are refundable.
Yup. Not to mention OP or Often1 could have performed a search and found that this question has been previously asked and answered, for example:

Taxes/Fees on Intl Award Nonrefundable?

There is potentially an issue of the computer system not working correcting for "refaring" international bookings; so, cancelling & re-booking is the preferred method on international award bookings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.