Help Me Find MDW originating flights

Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Help Me Find MDW originating flights

My home airport is MCI, but this time I need to fly to MDW for a one day visit, and then a later flight that day from MDW to LAS.

I've figured out, by trial and error, the originating flights to LAS out of MCI.
There seems to be no easy way to do this, so hoping someone who regularly flies out of MDW might know the answer:

On flights 2838 and 2019 (MDW-LAS), the on-time performance is dismal. Do you know where do those two flights originate, and the likelihood of connecting PAX on either flight?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:46 pm

Guessing this is somewhat in the near term, you can use http://info.flightmapper.net . Enter your route, on the results page fill in your date of travel, and the flights are listed. Click on the flight number; on the results page fill in the date again, and the full itinerary with that flight number should show.

Looking over your post again, if you're just choosing between those two flights, you can enter your flight number first, then fill in the dates on the results page. WN 2838 for a mid-August date shows it comes from HOU before the MDW-LAS segment.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Amicus
My home airport is MCI, but this time I need to fly to MDW for a one day visit, and then a later flight that day from MDW to LAS.

I've figured out, by trial and error, the originating flights to LAS out of MCI.
There seems to be no easy way to do this, so hoping someone who regularly flies out of MDW might know the answer:

On flights 2838 and 2019 (MDW-LAS), the on-time performance is dismal. Do you know where do those two flights originate, and the likelihood of connecting PAX on either flight?
I fly MDW-LAS ~4-5x a year on WN. My advice, assuming it is showing the same on the day of your flight, is to choose 2019 simply because it is a 737-800 and will have ~1" more legroom.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:07 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by rove312
Guessing this is somewhat in the near term, you can use http://info.flightmapper.net . Enter your route, on the results page fill in your date of travel, and the flights are listed. Click on the flight number; on the results page fill in the date again, and the full itinerary with that flight number should show.

Looking over your post again, if you're just choosing between those two flights, you can enter your flight number first, then fill in the dates on the results page. WN 2838 for a mid-August date shows it comes from HOU before the MDW-LAS segment.
+1

I never knew anyone could actually track the system that way for as far out as the schedule is sold.

They do modify schedules and have tailswaps but this is the best option by far.

Last edited by traveller001; Jul 30, 2015 at 9:58 pm
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:20 pm

Flightmapper doesn't show accurate info for the later dates of the currently bookable schedule.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:09 am

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by rove312
Flightmapper doesn't show accurate info for the later dates of the currently bookable schedule.
Confirmed it doesn't... Though the last month bookable contains 10 different schedules. Maybe they're lagging a lot?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the help! flightmapper is great, I had never used it before. Certainly better than my trial and error method, trying to guess which cities might be originating cities for a specific flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.