Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nsx
Probably, but nobody knows for sure. If Chase started turning down RR Visa applications right and left, they'd have some 'splainin' to do to Southwest.
My point exactly. Southwest would pitch a fit... as would United and to a lesser extent British Airways. That's not to mention Hyatt, IHG, Marriott... Selling those points to Chase is good business for all of these partners. If Chase ain't buyin' them up anymore for bonuses, they'll shop for banks who will.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by pushback
Thanks for that. As far as the CP play goes, I've read a bunch in here but I want to make sure I get it right. So if I go and get a personal 50K card and a business 50K as you described above, and then fly enough to add on another 10K CPQP that should qualify for the CP? Seems too good to be true!
Yep that is how I got it the first time around.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:37 pm

Southwest statement credit

Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
RR business card application--denied

My husband applied for the RR business Visa and was rejected. I called reconsideration and they said his business doesn't make enough money and he recently got a RR personal card (in April) and a Hyatt credit card (in January). Even taking into consideration our household income she said we have too many open accounts with too much available credit. We pay all cards off every month. No late payments ever and we have high credit. The representative came right out and acknowledged she knew is he is trying to get the companion pass.

Some on this board suggested we wait a few months and have my husband try for the other personal card, moving some of the credit from Hyatt to that card.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:43 pm

Thanks for that. As far as the CP play goes, I've read a bunch in here but I want to make sure I get it right. So if I go and get a personal 50K card and a business 50K as you described above, and then fly enough to add on another 10K CPQP that should qualify for the CP? Seems too good to be true!
You will only need 6k CPQP and many people get that 6k wtout ever paying for a flight.

Unless you need CP for some upcoming flights you may be better off waiting until mid November to start your CP quest as it's would be good for nearly 2 years if you acquire all the points on or after 1/1/16.

As far as harder approvals with Chase go I just got a United Card today..............over 20 apps in the past 2 years including several with Chase..............zero denials, all instant approval.

Edit..........just applied my fiance for a South West Premier card with Instant Approval $15k CL

She has a IHG, HYATT and SW plus currently Open and has opened 14 other cards in the past 2 years

Last edited by flyer4512; Jul 15, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:08 pm

I was auto-approved last week for the Plus (personal). Have applied for 8 cards across issuers in the last 24 months, approved for 7 (was denied for United biz card a few months ago for not enough biz income).
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
This has been covered literally hundreds of times.

If there is ever a change, you will hear about it.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:16 pm

1. Personal Premier, Personal Premier Plus, Business Premier
2. 0
3. 17K, Rejected, Rejected

I am not surprised. I do have a few delinquencies on my CR. But I am not sure why they would approve me for Premier, and then reject me for Premier Plus. Anyone have a tip on getting reconsidered? I really want to get the second 50K to get my cpass.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Plus, applied 6/21
8 cards in 24 mos., 3 Chase
Approved
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:20 am

Closed Chase Premiere about 2 weeks ago.
Applied for Plus...personal.
No instant approval but card arrived in mail 5 days later.
No mention on the paperwork about spending 2k in 2 months to receive 50k points.
Called Chase.....she said yes, that it how it will work.
Spent the 2k....will see if the 50k points post.

Forgot to add....no additional cards applied for in quite some time/
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:54 pm
Suspended

A little bird told me that Chase will no longer allow multiple applications at the same time (in the same month). That would be a reason that people seemed to be approved for one particular card, while the rest of the apps get rejected.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
How 'bout add to the first post how helpful it will be if replies note whether their approved app was auto approved, or if they just waited it out for notification in the mail/email, or if they called recon? I see some responders have included this extremely valuable information where others have not.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:51 am

1. Ink Plus
2. 4
3. 20K+

online but not instant, the website said to call. On the call all they did was verify it was me and then place me on hold for 2 min and then told me I was approved.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Chase seems to be tightening up across the board. It took 3-4 years to replace my wife's Chase WN Visa with a Chase United MC to keep her UA miles alive. Chase used to look at household income for these, now only her much more limited income is considered.

Eventually she succeeded by transferring her Chase WN balance to a new US Bank card (sorry, Chase, but it was buh-bye for the time being), which we paid off a few months later. About a year after we closed her Chase WN Visa, they finally accepted her for the UA card.

My perception is that unless your credit and income are strong, they're less likely to approve multiple Chase cards than they used to be. And perhaps they're more willing to accept you if they are taking business from a competitor. If you're rejected, wait 6-12 months & shed any Chase cards that you already have, then try again.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by LUPY48
Closed Chase Premiere about 2 weeks ago.
Applied for Plus...personal.
No instant approval but card arrived in mail 5 days later.
No mention on the paperwork about spending 2k in 2 months to receive 50k points.
Called Chase.....she said yes, that it how it will work.
Spent the 2k....will see if the 50k points post.

Forgot to add....no additional cards applied for in quite some time/
UPDATE: 50K points finally posted today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.