FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   How the Heck Does One Get Through to Customer Service? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1687045-how-heck-does-one-get-through-customer-service.html)

pushback Jun 11, 15 2:24 pm

How the Heck Does One Get Through to Customer Service?
 
I've almost worn my fingerprints off dialing 214.932.0333. Does anyone know of another way to get through to CS?

ursine1 Jun 11, 15 2:26 pm

Your best bet at the moment is Twitter.

mke9499 Jun 11, 15 2:34 pm

Their hours are Monday-Friday, 7;00 am-8:00 pm CT. I would start calling shortly before they are scheduled to open, and redial till pick-up.

If you get a busy signal, keep redialing. If it rings through, try to hang on, till your call is answered by an agent.

joshua362 Jun 11, 15 2:37 pm


Originally Posted by pushback (Post 24956146)
I've almost worn my fingerprints off dialing 214.932.0333. Does anyone know of another way to get through to CS?

"Redial" and save 90% of the effort :D

Really a sad state of affairs.... :(

pushback Jun 11, 15 2:38 pm


Originally Posted by ursine1 (Post 24956161)
Your best bet at the moment is Twitter.

Funny you mention that. I just tweeted only to come back and see your suggestion!

@FlyerFocus said:

#WN #Southwest #delays Yesterday! SAN-OAK 3 delays b4 getting on a new flight and it gets misfueled? Busy signal @ CS http://tinyurl.com/nwj7hm6

We shall see!

ursine1 Jun 11, 15 2:38 pm


Originally Posted by mke9499 (Post 24956207)
Their hours are Monday-Friday, 7;00 am-8:00 pm CT. I would start calling shortly before they are scheduled to open, and redial till pick-up.

If you get a busy signal, keep redialing. If it rings through, try to hang on, till your call is answered by an agent.

It was notoriously difficult to get through prior to the sale meltdown last week, now it's seemingly impossible. People on Facebook are reporting literally hundreds of redial attempts, every day all week, to no avail.

Like I said, your best bet right now to get a rep that has the same power as one at 214 is through Twitter.

ursine1 Jun 11, 15 2:41 pm


Originally Posted by pushback (Post 24956230)
Funny you mention that. I just tweeted only to come back and see your suggestion!

@FlyerFocus said:

#WN #Southwest #delays Yesterday! SAN-OAK 3 delays b4 getting on a new flight and it gets misfueled? Busy signal @ CS http://tinyurl.com/nwj7hm6

We shall see!

If your issue is being delayed three times and then having the plane further delayed due to misfueling, then that's not really much of a problem -- that's pretty much par for the course lately. Assuming there's no more to the story, and you have no immediate needs to be addressed, your best bet in this situation is to send an email via the form on the website.

I wouldn't expect much, if anything at all.

joshua362 Jun 11, 15 2:43 pm


Originally Posted by pushback (Post 24956230)
Funny you mention that. I just tweeted only to come back and see your suggestion!

@FlyerFocus said:

#WN #Southwest #delays Yesterday! SAN-OAK 3 delays b4 getting on a new flight and it gets misfueled? Busy signal @ CS http://tinyurl.com/nwj7hm6

We shall see!

What are you going to ask them, if I may ask? I don't speak Twitter but is this just a complaint or are you in need of a transaction?

pushback Jun 11, 15 2:55 pm


Originally Posted by joshua362 (Post 24956270)
What are you going to ask them, if I may ask? I don't speak Twitter but is this just a complaint or are you in need of a transaction?

There's a re-count of the day here. http://tinyurl.com/nwj7hm6

Short version:

- 1:05 flight SAN-OAK gets delayed to 2:40 PM. I can handle that. I allowed extra time just in case of delays for meeting up with my daughter at Oakland Coliseum to see the As play the Texas Rangers.
- 2:40 becomes 4:30. Now it's becoming a problem.
- An announcement was made that since the delay is more than two hours $100 vouchers will be issued.
- Long line forms for GA. A GA at another flight suggests I exit TSA and get rebooked in front, which I did.
- I board the new 3PM flight and we sit. And sit. Finally an announcement is made that we will all have to offboard and stand in the jetway while they move 2,000 lbs of fuel that was mis-fueled. Has to be moved from center tank to a different tank for wight & balance. Finally we take off at 3:44. We only missed the first two innings.

So what I am after--I want that $100 voucher back.

toomanybooks Jun 11, 15 3:16 pm

In 2015, I cannot believe that every decent-sized company does not have one of those systems where you input your # and they call you back 30/60/90 minutes later.

It's DAMN RUDE to make us hold for all that time.

pushback Jun 11, 15 3:59 pm

and ... I just for a tweet back from SouthwestAir:



"Southwest Airlines
@SouthwestAir

Jun 11

@flyerfocus Hey John, apologies for the trouble you have had contacting us. Please DM us your confirmation number so we can followup. ^CC "


Stay tuned.

ssk1127 Jun 11, 15 8:29 pm

I tried sending an email using the comment form on the Southwest.com website. After several days, got a message saying they were really busy and offering me RR points if I would just call the service line instead....

ssk1127 Jun 11, 15 8:30 pm


Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 24956481)
In 2015, I cannot believe that every decent-sized company does not have one of those systems where you input your # and they call you back 30/60/90 minutes later.

It's DAMN RUDE to make us hold for all that time.

I did this recently with the airline reservations line...except never got a call back. Had to call again an hour and a half later (original message said I'd get a call in 26 minutes) and wait 20 minutes on hold - and this was so I could spend money with them to buy a new ticket!

pushback Jun 11, 15 8:35 pm


Originally Posted by ssk1127 (Post 24957745)
I tried sending an email using the comment form on the Southwest.com website. After several days, got a message saying they were really busy and offering me RR points if I would just call the service line instead....

How many and how long ago?

unifix Jun 11, 15 9:16 pm

When 2 hours or longer delays happen, I usually write an email DURING the delay in the airport through the comments/complaints page with my confirmation number.

I've gotten a $100 LUV voucher almost every time.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:57 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.