Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Nationwide sale $49/99/129/149 book by Fri 6/5; Epic website meltdown, mostly fixed

Nationwide sale $49/99/129/149 book by Fri 6/5; Epic website meltdown, mostly fixed

Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by bj2757
UPDATE: I received a rely from Southwest this morning. Basically it said the sale priced fares were on a first come first serve basis - and since I couldn't complete the transaction when I saw the reduction and couldn't get ahold of them until the one fare had changed - tough luck.
Yep, that's the way it works. I wouldn't feel too cheated, though. Many other people couldn't get in either. There were only a handful of those cheap seats available for each market, and not for every flight. Had WN's system worked flawlessly, it's very possible that fare would not have been available when you checked it. In other words, most of the sale fares were going to be gone well before the end of the sale. In this case, it took four days for them to disappear. Had the site worked correctly, they would have been gone in hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.