Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Boarders in Exit Rows

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Southwest Rapid Rewards
There are a few reasons people preboard. My DD has a peanut allergy. She pre-boards so that she can take some cleaning wipes to her seat area and wipe any place she might come into contact to prevent a reaction. She needs the time to wipe down the area.

If possible, she saves the whole row to minimize potential contact with allergens. My DH on one side, me on the other this time. This is at 21 yrs of age.
Old May 7, 2015, 3:06 pm

My experience has been that most WN FAs are very good about not allowing preboards to sit in Exit Row seats. Out of 10 flights in the last 2 weeks, most made an announcement when calling for pre-boards that they could sit in any seat but the exit row. Those that didn't announce at boarding had an FA standing ahead at the exit rows presumably to prevent preboards from sitting there.
Old May 7, 2015, 3:19 pm

I've been asked a couple of times recently if I was a pre-board when claiming an exit row. It usually happens when I have a low number A-17 or even A-19 and there are few BS passengers.

However I've been rethinking my strategy. I think I'd now prefer an empty middle to a full exit row. It seems on a less than full flight the exit row is more likely to fill up than a normal row.

Recently on a barely half full flight I had a hefty but short couple move out of a row to take the two inside exit row seats. In the end their original row stayed completely empty. I believe all of us would have been more comfortable if they hadn't moved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.