Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Guessing her volunteer work went swimmingly, then?
^
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:46 am

I will never understand this. When you board in the A group especially, the rule of thumb I follow is to board with the LAST position your group is assigned. If it's between groups (eg A19 and B20), there is more of an issue, but there is almost no scenario where an A group boarder would not be able to find an empty row. The only time I could think there would be an issue is if it was an honor flight or some other scenario where half or more of the plane is preboards!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by jco613
I will never understand this. When you board in the A group especially, the rule of thumb I follow is to board with the LAST position your group is assigned. If it's between groups (eg A19 and B20), there is more of an issue, but there is almost no scenario where an A group boarder would not be able to find an empty row. The only time I could think there would be an issue is if it was an honor flight or some other scenario where half or more of the plane is preboards!
That is certainly being very fair on your part. The might be a few cases where an A49 group wouldn't be able to find a full row, though. Since OP would only be saving an undesirable middle seat by splitting up, I don't see anything wrong with doing it that way.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: none
The reality is that no one "saves" a middle seat on Southwest.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jco613
there is more of an issue, but there is almost no scenario where an A group boarder would not be able to find an empty row.
Might depend on how many people are throughs.

Like coming back from MCO over Spring Break.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.