Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Kick Tail vouchers for Ops Agents who enforce boarding order: post your reports here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kick Tail vouchers for Ops Agents who enforce boarding order: post your reports here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by knowfear
My favorite time someone tried to cheat was a couple, probably mid 20s, that had C boarding passes try to board with Business Select. The gate agent thankfully turned them away after seeing their passes.

They then tried again at A31, turned away.

They tried again at A-list w/o a passes, the gate agent asked them to step to the side of they would not be able to board the plane at all.

After I boarded I noticed they were the last 2 to come on the plane, it was beautiful.
I love that! I would love to see a gate agent "take" the boarding pass (assuming it's paper) from the line cutters and tell them they'll let them know when it is time for them to board since clearly the passenger doesn't...or else line cutters can be VDB. Really wish the system would reject boarding numbers that are "out of order".
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, SkyPesos, whatever flies where I want to go.
Luckily I've never had an issue... I guess I never even thought people would be that dishonest!

There really isn't a reason to be in exact order, +/- 5 is probably fine, at least in the A and early B block (full B for the -800's). I usually end up in A-20 through B-10ish, and I have no issue getting an Aisle seat in the back of the plane. I snipe my check-ins and have sniped them for other people I'm traveling with.

I find it hilarious to watch people all sardine into the front of the plane, while I walk to rear and get my aisle seat. About 5 rows from the back, I seem to have really good luck getting an empty middle seat if the flight isn't full, even if it's really close.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by BiggAW
I find it hilarious to watch people all sardine into the front of the plane, while I walk to rear and get my aisle seat.
Many of us estimate the load of the flight by looking at the Ops Agent's screen for BP's Issued, Thru Pax, etc. When the flight is full (which is often into/out of MDW), I'll often choose seats close to the front because then (a) I get to choose next to whom I sit for the flight instead of having some not-quite COS later choose to sit next to me (and ruin my flight) and (b) I'll get off of the plane 5-10 minutes ahead of those who chose the rear of the plane. Saving 5-10 minutes on deplaning every flight home saves me hours each year.

Everyone has their own preferences...some are different.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Many of us estimate the load of the flight by looking at the Ops Agent's screen for BP's Issued, Thru Pax, etc. When the flight is full (which is often into/out of MDW), I'll often choose seats close to the front because then (a) I get to choose next to whom I sit for the flight instead of having some not-quite COS later choose to sit next to me (and ruin my flight) and (b) I'll get off of the plane 5-10 minutes ahead of those who chose the rear of the plane. Saving 5-10 minutes on deplaning every flight home saves me hours each year.

Everyone has their own preferences...some are different.
Interesting, never thought to do that... usually they say if they are full or not. True, there is always the not-quite-COS risk (or a COS who isn't booked as one which would be even worse!).

I'm glad that people are willing to all squish in front, since it leaves the best seats on the plane for me. But it will never cease to amaze me nonetheless. It would be nice if people would spread themselves out better, as it would speed up loading, but that's asking a lot of people these days I guess. The disembarking time delta is relatively negligible. It's just become part of the routine for me, since I fly mostly on B737's, and I always sit in the rear, usually in the last 4-5 rows.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Amicus
No. I would never again ask the other people in line what their boarding number is.
Do you think it's improper/impolite, an avoid confrontation thing, or something else?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by cubbynole
Really wish the system would reject boarding numbers that are "out of order".
This should be super simple to do. It would have to have a reasonable way to override when somebody isn't there and automatically detect the A-listers between the A and B groups. Perhaps requiring the OA to swipe his/her badge if the number was 'off' by more than three spots. This would also provide data to SWA HQ when OAs fail to enforce (or deliberately cheat) the boarding order.

Note: the three spots thing covers the situation when Ax, Ax-1, and Ax-2 are misaligned because none of them care enough to do the proper position tango.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by ScatterX
Do you think it's improper/impolite, an avoid confrontation thing, or something else?
I ask all the time and people ask me. Now that so many people use electronic BP it's harder to just look over their shoulder.

Yesterday I had A-31 so I stood at the head of that line. Just before they called us to board A-32 walked up to the other side of the pole and asked me if I was A-31, he then invited be to board ahead of him. ^
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by ScatterX
This should be super simple to do. It would have to have a reasonable way to override when somebody isn't there and automatically detect the A-listers between the A and B groups. Perhaps requiring the OA to swipe his/her badge if the number was 'off' by more than three spots. This would also provide data to SWA HQ when OAs fail to enforce (or deliberately cheat) the boarding order.
You wouldn't even need to override for no-shows/lates. You just have an algorithm with some slop in it (say +/- 5), and have a method of progressing the actual location count if someone doesn't scan through within -5, and then de-progressing it again if they show up later. It's not THAT hard to do. A counter and some if-thens. If they needed to, they could even widen it up a bit, but it would still stop cheaters from bumping 20-30 spots or even a whole letter up. I wonder if they have analyzed the data that comes out of the system now about cheaters and how well people can manage to line themselves up?

Also, just to publicly embarass them, make a really loud rejection noise for out of order boarding passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.