Wiki Posts
Search

LUV Voucher | Buy,Sell,Trade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC100K, Delta Plat, Nat EX EL, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NEXUS
LUV Voucher | Buy,Sell,Trade

Is there a place where people sell their LUV vouchers? I'm thinking unlikely but figured it would be worth a shot. I'm looking to upgrade a company WGA fare to BS on my dime but I want to minimize the personal hit so figured I'd reach out.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I think best bet is to find a Flyertalker near you and do it in person.

As far as I know, WN is OK with it, but I am not 100% sure. You could ask them. If so, Craigslist and ebay I guess.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Aren't these OK on Coupon Connection?

OP should have access very shortly.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:34 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I don't think Southwest cares, but I'd minimize my exposure nonetheless. Stick with friends and family or trusted Flyertalkers P2P.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:14 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Cash transactions are prohibited on FT, period. With 180 posts and 180 days of tenure here you can use Coupon Connection to trade for a non-cash item. There may be buyers of these things on Craigslist, but I haven't looked.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nsx
Cash transactions are prohibited on FT, period. With 180 posts and 180 days of tenure here you can use Coupon Connection to trade for a non-cash item. There may be buyers of these things on Craigslist, but I haven't looked.
where is the coupon connection? I seem to be missing it
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by YoProWithAGoPro
Read the post you quoted.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by YoProWithAGoPro
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Read the post you quoted.
In other words... you (and I) haven't been members here long enough to have access to that particular thread.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:28 pm

I know that it's been said that some people sell the LUV vouchers on Craigslist or Ebay (the 10% fees are insane!) but have any of you had experience with that, in regards to it being "safe". My husband and I just got a $1017 LUV voucher on a flight to Vegas this past weekend, but we can't use it within the year (we already have two vacations bought and paid for this coming year) and I just worry about someone taking the voucher and then doing a charge-back or something to their credit card and then we've screwed the pooch so to speak. Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated. I am a long time reader of Flyertalk and had to start a new account, because I couldn't remember my password on an old email account, so technically I'm a newbie!

Thanks in advance,

Stephanie
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:02 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
If your buyer is a scammer, they can tell paypal to take back your money and you will almost certainly lose the dispute. I wouldn't sell anything of high value on ebay for that reason. Do a favor for a family member or friend instead.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
I don't think Southwest cares, but I'd minimize my exposure nonetheless. Stick with friends and family or trusted Flyertalkers P2P.
Most certainly.

Buyers beware... the voucher may be authentic but the numbers already redeemed.

I suppose this also could apply to sellers when a buyer resells it via another venue or username, and then demands charge back with proof it was redeemed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.