Wiki Posts
Search

BWI wx

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
BWI wx

Today's big snow event at BWI made me think of some questions. On days like this I know the planes that can land obviously affect which planes can go back out. But how do they determine which planes can land and which can't? Why do they cancel some flights early in the morning or even the night before in the anticipation of weather but others they'll delay a few times then ultimately cancel 2 hours before takeoff?

Ms. Marko was a victim of the latter today when she went to the airport for a while only to see her flight get canceled then have to head home. This isn't a complaint post because she could've planned better 2 days ago but it made me wonder how they determine which ones to cancel and which to let go as scheduled. Come to think of it, she said she saw a few take off but none land during her time there. I'm sure there are a lot of possible factors like available crews, crews being over their time limit etc. Just curious if anyone else can give me more details. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.