Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

BOS: WN to move from terminal E to terminal A

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

According to Massport, Southwest will move from terminal E to terminal A at Boston's Logan Airport.

WN previously had their own small section of terminal E, which mostly has international airlines. They will operate out of the satellite section of A, using gates 18-22. Delta is the only airline at A currently.

This is effective April 1st, 2015.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:27 am

Thanks for the alert. Does the TSA still have the test program of asking pax about the purpose of their trip, etc., at Terminal A?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:00 am

Not sure how others feel but I think this will be a good change. Wasn't a big fan of Southwest's location in Terminal E. I'm not too familiar with where they'll be moving to but it can't be any worse.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by dangw20
Not sure how others feel but I think this will be a good change. Wasn't a big fan of Southwest's location in Terminal E. I'm not too familiar with where they'll be moving to but it can't be any worse.
I think terminal A is quite nice. Only drawbacks is that the parking garage is a bit further away (vs. the E lot) and the walk to the satellite gates is much longer, but still not terrible.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
I haven't flown in/out of BOS in several years; but, does Terminal E connect to any other Terminals airside?

Also, hopefully, this will mean that Priority Pass members flying WN will be able to use the Air France Lounge.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by will2288
I think terminal A is quite nice. Only drawbacks is that the parking garage is a bit further away (vs. the E lot) and the walk to the satellite gates is much longer, but still not terrible.
IMHO, BOS Terminal A is among the nicer concourses to be found at major U.S. airports. Yes, it can require a bit of a walk.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by FindAWay
I haven't flown in/out of BOS in several years; but, does Terminal E connect to any other Terminals airside?

Also, hopefully, this will mean that Priority Pass members flying WN will be able to use the Air France Lounge.
http://www.massport.com/logan-airpor...ort/terminals/
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FindAWay

WN is moving out of E, so won't be close to the AF lounge in E. Currently, you can walk from the WN side of E to the other side of E airside.

Terminal E will soon be connected airside to terminal C as part of a refurbishment of terminal E, which is why WN is leaving E.

The only lounge in A is Delta's. There used to be two DL lounges in A, so I assume there is still place for another one, not that WN is likely to build one.

Logan has said that long-term, they hope to have all terminals connected airside.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: DL PM, HH DM, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Amtrak SP
Interesting if they are going to 18-22 as the skyclub is right next to gate 18. I would assume that means delta is moving more flights to first part of A gates 1-12 I think. Would they also move the sky club to where the old one was near A7 I think?

Last edited by babeavs13; Mar 4, 2015 at 11:07 am
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by will2288
The only lounge in A is Delta's. There used to be two DL lounges in A, so I assume there is still place for another one, not that WN is likely to build one.

Logan has said that long-term, they hope to have all terminals connected airside.
Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
No Priority Pass Lounge in Terminal A since UA moved out.

The gates are right next to Harpoon

I'm pissed Massport move AS out of here and gave it to WN
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: WN A+ & CP
Terminal E has (in my experience of passing through ~twice a week the past few year) been... okay. It seems to me that the Southwest section of E used to have major security lines quite often, but subsequently has gotten much better. A bit of a pain that they don't do pre-check at the Terminal E Southwest security checkpoint. Also a pain when that checkpoint closes (late night?) forcing a very long walk to/from the main E checkpoint (which DOES do pre-check but also depends on time of day).

So maybe Terminal A will be more streamlined?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:16 am

We always use PVD but last month needed to take SW out of BOS for better cross country flight options. I tend to avoid BOS at all costs (not an airport issue, more of a traffic issue for me). I was VERY happy with terminal E. I was amazed when we hit the security line and well....there was no line!

Is this typical of BOS in general? Or is this just because it was terminal E and less flights in/out.

It was also an early flight to we opted to stay at the hotel onsite and it was a quick walk via the skywalk to the terminal.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by mdurette
We always use PVD but last month needed to take SW out of BOS for better cross country flight options. I tend to avoid BOS at all costs (not an airport issue, more of a traffic issue for me). I was VERY happy with terminal E. I was amazed when we hit the security line and well....there was no line!

Is this typical of BOS in general? Or is this just because it was terminal E and less flights in/out.

It was also an early flight to we opted to stay at the hotel onsite and it was a quick walk via the skywalk to the terminal.
I for one am reluctant to leave E. Like your experience, I have found that by only serving WN that the security lines tended to move fairly quickly. I received the following email from WN for my upcoming flight Friday.

Southwest Airlines will be relocating within Boston Logan International Airport. As of Wednesday, April 1, 2015, the ticket counter, baggage service office, and gates will be located in Terminal A. The new Southwest gates will be A18-A22. Due to this movement, please allow for extra time to navigate the airport. We currently suggest arriving 120 minutes prior to your scheduled departure.

Anyone with experience in how long the security lines at A usually is on a Friday first flight out?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I will miss my traditional pre-flight brews at the Cisco Brew Pub!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.