Hyatt to Southwest transfer time

Old Feb 23, 15, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Hyatt to Southwest transfer time

Typically, how long does it take for Southwest to post a transfer coming from Hyatt? When I submitted the transfer, it said 4-6 weeks but from a few blogs I've read, it can take possibly 1 day. Unfortunately, does articles are a bit outdated so I'm looking for some inputs.

I transfer 5,000 hyatt points (2,400 sw miles) on Friday 2/20 night and the miles haven't posted to my account yet.

Have you transferred points from Hyatt to SW? If so, how long did it take? Also, I want to verify they still count towards CP.
Old Feb 23, 15, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL-Gold, UA-*S, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by thehustla View Post
Typically, how long does it take for Southwest to post a transfer coming from Hyatt? When I submitted the transfer, it said 4-6 weeks but from a few blogs I've read, it can take possibly 1 day. Unfortunately, does articles are a bit outdated so I'm looking for some inputs.

I transfer 5,000 hyatt points (2,400 sw miles) on Friday 2/20 night and the miles haven't posted to my account yet.

Have you transferred points from Hyatt to SW? If so, how long did it take? Also, I want to verify they still count towards CP.
Try searching this forum instead of blogs. I (and others) have posted datapoints from ~2 months ago multiple times in this forum since then.
Old Feb 24, 15, 5:26 am

The wife and I each did this in the past two weeks. Both times, the points posted Tuesday morning the week following the request. Both of them counted for CP.
Old Feb 24, 15, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
^Thank you so much for your replies.

I am happy to report that the transfer I made Friday 2/20 posted this morning to my WN account. Companion pass achieved :-)
Old Feb 24, 15, 1:47 pm

^Thank you so much for your replies.

I am happy to report that the transfer I made Friday 2/20 posted this morning to my WN account. Companion pass achieved :-)
Congrats on the new CP! Best deal in domestic travel, bar none!
Old Mar 6, 15, 4:49 pm

I transferred 50,000 from Hyatt to WN on 2/19
24,000 points credits on WN on 2/24

Still waiting on the Hyatt bonus points to transfer. When I called they told me it would just take time. And it's 3/6....
Old Mar 6, 15, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Duckfan101 View Post

Still waiting on the Hyatt bonus points to transfer. When I called they told me it would just take time. And it's 3/6....
They told me the same thing - to wait three weeks because the bonus takes longer to credit.

I just called back and got another agent. She was able to manually transfer them. It showed up in my Hyatt activity instantly and then in my Southwest account a few days later.
Old Mar 10, 15, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Duckfan101 View Post

Bonus of 6,000 finally posted this morning! 3/10 Hope this can help as a reference to others.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: