Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Companion pass bookings not working???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
I see that error all the time so it's probably not related to the meltdown. Usually trying a different browser and/or signing out and signing back in fixes it for me.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:42 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
No good today on PC with Chrome (as well as last week).

Piece of cake on the iphone app except for having to add my companion's DOB 3 times for 3 reservations. Mind boggling.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Originally Posted by joshua362
No good today on PC with Chrome (as well as last week).

Piece of cake on the iphone app except for having to add my companion's DOB 3 times for 3 reservations. Mind boggling.
Same problem here - I tried all day yesterday and this morning from a computer and couldn't add my companion.

Used the suggestion above of the iphone app and it worked perfectly the first time.

^ Thanks for the tip!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
Still having problems with adding companion to a points booking with a PC and chrome. Using the app is such a hassle.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by bobunf
Still having problems with adding companion to a points booking with a PC and chrome. Using the app is such a hassle.
I know it sucks but at least with the iphone app it was really, really simple assuming the reservations and a cc is stored already.

The biggest hassle was entering her DOB 3 times using the slot machine wheel entry...
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: WN A-List, CP, Marriott Gold
Adding my companion still not working for me either on domestic flights with Chrome on my PC this evening, but adding her to international flights is working just fine. Android also failed.... Arrggg... another call.... For the first time in a long while, I went to the AA and UA sites, which were working just fine.. just to see. Profits may be up at WN, but the brand has eroded terribly over the past few years. Flew Interjet from Mex to IAH the other day... WN schedule didn't work for me. So nice!!.... wide seats, low fares, lots of leg space, up to three free bags (up to 75 Kilos total!), free drinks (beer/wine, etc.) and snacks. Despite all that, I am still trying to be loyal. All I am asking of WN is a site that actually does what it is supposed to do! Too much to ask? And with the new reservation system apparently rolling out soon.... be afraid.... very afraid....
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:54 am

Hey SWA, when are you going to get your website fixed. Companion booking is still not working using Chrome. I was able to to finally book a set of one way companion passes using the iPhone app, but I really should be able to sit down at my PC and get this done.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Southwest Airlines Companion Pass, Hilton Diamond
Still not able to add CP on website via computer. Same error message keeps popping up--what a mess!
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
Multiple tries at adding a couple of companion passes via the SWA website all failed over the weekend and again today. The android mobile app on my phone also could not be used (I don't even see an option for adding companion on the android app.) As a last resort today, before calling SWA direct, I tried the mobile app on my wife's Iphone and quickly made the CP reservations with no problems. Has Apple purchased a large block of SWA stock?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, WN CP & A-List P
Getting closer....I think!

Still can't complete a companion add via firefox or IE. Interestingly enough, up until today, when I selected add companion I would receive an error message. I can now get all the way through the process and am kicked out upon the final purchase mouse click.

Tix booked 7/18/16 for travel in Feb '17 so I haven't bothered with a phone call yet.....
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I hope the phone rep enjoyed the 43 minutes she spent with me methodically adding my companion to 18 one-way flights the other day
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
I added a couple today on the website. I am using google chrome. Hope that helps
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:35 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA 2P, National Car Exec, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
It finally worked today, after being inaccessible for me for about a month.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
I just plopped 2 Companion Passes (same guy) onto to separate existing reservations (me) with zero problems. Still have to enter the Companion's TT# MANUALLY on each record (even though are stored with his RR record). Whatever. It worked for the first time since July.

Via full-blown Chrome browser on Win 10 desktop (Dell tower).

Last edited by steved5480; Aug 16, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
Companion pass didn't work for me today Monday, 8/15/106 using PC Chrome for points or dollars. Why is this so hard?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.