Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Weirdest item you've checked/seen checked on SWA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weirdest item you've checked/seen checked on SWA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
A kitchen sink
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Winner
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Originally Posted by KelseyR
Two cases of Bud Light duct taped together, presumably to count as just one checked bag.
That's pretty smart, I should keep that in mind.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:49 pm

A bent wheel off my BMW ,

A headlight off the same car that had that hazed look,

A power supply off a Projection TV ( years ago) that needed repair.

The closest place that repaired bent wheels was 90 minutes away in MN but right around the corner from my house in CT and shockingly ( things in CT usually cost much more ) half the price.

I don't have many tools at my condo in MN but have a workshop at my house in CT to shine the headlamp casing and repair the power supply.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:44 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
fly out of the state of Alaska sometime if you want to see strange or odd items checked as luggage. No SWA isnt there but if you can think of it, its probably been checked in. My weirdest was probably 2 kitchen chairs in their unassembled factory boxes that I taped together for checkin.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: hh diamond, cp diamond priority club plat Alaska 75k Delta Gold
watched a guy and the agent check in a cannon

ok, so it wasn't a cannon in the sense of the word, but that is aparently what they call the construction device that sprays mud, or something with sheetrock. looked more like scaffolding to me, but they were able to condense it down to a resonable size

i personally have taken nestled dutch ovens to take to have them seasoned by a friend.

wads
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:50 pm

Saw someone trying to check in a chainsaw once (I think at BNA?). Not sure what ultimately happened....there was a discussion about pouring out the gasoline in the tank.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: WN CP, A list+; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite
For me it was a five gallon paint pail (with secure lid) full of broken pottery shards for my sister. The ticketing agent asked what was in the pail and I told her. She shook it and asked if I knew that it was already broken! I answered I did and she said that they were only responsible for loss...not damage.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:38 am

For me, back in 1966 - yes not called grannieflyer without cause, it was a 4 ft stuffed camel, that got its own seat from Cyprus to Heathrow. My first flight by myself! Camel survived about 10 yrs, getting a work out by my younger brothers, before it finally scummed to mange and woodworm..
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
I pointed this thread to a friend that is a heavy SWA user, and he mentioned that there's a company that buys up unused and unclaimed luggage from airlines, including SWA. Apparrently there are a lot of unclaimed prosthetic limbs that get checked into luggage. Kind of hard to imagine someone not claiming a prosthetic limb!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by beardoc
I pointed this thread to a friend that is a heavy SWA user, and he mentioned that there's a company that buys up unused and unclaimed luggage from airlines, including SWA. Apparrently there are a lot of unclaimed prosthetic limbs that get checked into luggage. Kind of hard to imagine someone not claiming a prosthetic limb!
Yeah, those things cost an arm and a leg to replace....
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Skymiles, JetPrivilege, BA Executive Club
A magazine! Seriously why couldn't the passenger just carry it with him? I was so confused when I saw this magazine on the baggage claim belt

Last edited by bsaurabh; Jan 7, 2015 at 1:28 am
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:54 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bsaurabh
A magazine! Seriously why couldn't the passenger just carry it with him? I was so confused when I saw this magazine on the baggage claim belt
My guess: That 2 pound magazine took them over the 50 pound limit. If checked as second bag it saves $75. I have seen lots of small items pulled out and checked separately when the the luggage is 51 or 52 pounds.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I recently saw a pair of flipflops on the baggage belt. Don't know if it was actually checked in (probably as 2 bags) or just fell off the side pockets of some bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.