FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   A-List Luggage Tag (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1636482-list-luggage-tag.html)

dsokolik Dec 11, 2014 4:24 pm

A-List Luggage Tag

Who's the genius at SW that decided to send a fancy direct mail piece with a luggage tag to A-List members who are going to lose status at the end of the year??? What a great use of marketing funds.

lougord99 Dec 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Doesn't seem any different to me than randomly handing them out at the airport, which happened about 6 weeks ago at MDW.

These are pretty cheap advertising for WN.

jchasewilliams Dec 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Haven't seen these. Anyone have a picture?

Amicus Dec 11, 2014 11:10 pm

What a waste of postage.

My tag arrived in the mail today. It says " A LIST Preferred" on it, which I am.
It's made of plastic and looks cheesy.

I'm not losing status, so don't know why it was sent, but it's in the bin.

InkUnderNails Dec 12, 2014 5:39 am

It was fine by me. I needed a new tag and it saves a trip to WalMart.

It could have at least had my name on it, but what the heck. Like a post above, I will not make A-list Preferred this year but now the baggage handlers will think I am. I am not real sure if that is good or bad.

rsteinmetz70112 Dec 12, 2014 11:40 am

Airtran used to send out bag tags with the Elite Card. Early on they were Aluminum, later they were plastic with you name on them. Finally they stopped. They also sent a few free drink tickets.

joshua362 Dec 12, 2014 1:10 pm

I've had a nice metal one that clanks around on my backpack for years. It simply says Rapid Rewards with my name and full RR number (cue the gasps from the privacy paranoia-ists). I don't recall any recent tags for AL or AL+ but perhaps I simply tossed as being junk.

PalletGuy Dec 13, 2014 8:15 pm

Could this be a hint of upcoming luggage benefits for A-Listers? First bags on the conveyor belt, maybe?? Would be nice.

joshua362 Dec 14, 2014 8:58 am

Originally Posted by PalletGuy (Post 23993227)
Could this be a hint of upcoming luggage benefits for A-Listers? First bags on the conveyor belt, maybe?? Would be nice.

Not a chance, sorry. :(

kennycrudup Dec 15, 2014 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362 (Post 23986992)
I've had a nice metal one that clanks around on my backpack for years.

I'd had one, too, 'till one of the Thousands Standing Around stole (OK, "lost", but still ...!) mine off my checked bag :mad:

olouie Dec 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Airtran used to do this. They would send the Elite card and two tags. Never used them.

bofc Dec 15, 2014 3:44 pm

Nothing says "status" like these tags.....but they also say:

1. This guy generally has a really bad wifi connection
2. He'll be waiting a long time for his checked baggage
3. It's a big deal when the peanuts transition from regular to honey roasted

JammingJay Dec 16, 2014 2:05 am

Just received my tag in the mail today. Cheap....very cheap. Tag is business card-ish size in plastic, with a black plastic band. Contact info is not prefilled, to be used with a sharpie.

I'd rather have an extra set of drink coupons but free is free.

tusphotog Dec 16, 2014 10:01 am

Originally Posted by bofc (Post 24002789)
3. It's a big deal when the peanuts transition from regular to honey roasted

It IS a big deal. Those vile honey roasted things are coming soon and I don't like it! ;)

Wingrider Dec 16, 2014 10:59 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog (Post 24006114)
It IS a big deal. Those vile honey roasted things are coming soon and I don't like it! ;)

"…vile honey roasted things"?

Wow you're courageous around here. ;-)

I'm going to tear open a saved bag of those and watch this unfold.

/ Got one go those tag thingies last night. Not sure what to do with it. Maybe put it on the dog's collar for awhile for kicks.