Search

Traveling with Kids vs Early Bird Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
Traveling with Kids vs Early Bird Check-in

Hello,

We will be flying MSY to MCO on Sunday. I was checking to see if I could get another ticket for a family member. There were no available seats on the flight. So I am assuming that the flight is full based on this.

There are 5 of us that are have tickets for the flight. 3 adults, a 3 year old and a 10 month old. With the children, were would when in the boarding process would we be able to board. Should we purchase Early Bird Check-in to make sure that we are sitting together?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
It depends on the GA. Technically, only 2 of the 3 adults can early board with the 2 kids. I would think that the vast majority of GA's will allow all 3 of you to board with the 2 kids.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
Thanks for the reply.

At what point will we be able to board? If I remember correctly Southwest does not allow pre boarding with small children.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Check in at 24 hours prior to the flight. Do that no matter what... Yes, your flight is likely 100% sold out, so get everyone checked in right on time.

At least 4 of you (2 adults 2 kids) will be able to board between the A's and B's. The fifth may have to board later...or the GA may allow you to all 5 board together.

Nobody likes seat-saving, but if you go to the back of the plane and save 1 middle seat for the 5th passenger, I don't think anyone will mind too much.

I would not buy EBCI. Sending one person on in midst of the A's to try to save 4 seats might raise a few eyebrows. Don't be That Guy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.