FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Guy accused of stealing life vests from under WN seats (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1627025-guy-accused-stealing-life-vests-under-wn-seats.html)

toomanybooks Nov 7, 2014 6:44 pm

Guy accused of stealing life vests from under WN seats

You know, It's getting to the point that I resent having to breathe the same air as some of the g.d. idiots we have walking around. God Almighty.

http://www.10news.com/news/san-diego...airlines-plane

Hope the judge punishes the crap out of him.

rsteinmetz70112 Nov 7, 2014 10:05 pm

Dumbass!

tusphotog Nov 7, 2014 10:20 pm

Didn't someone complain on here their flight got delayed because of missing vests?

As for the most common motive, former airline security chief Glen Winn said it's thieves who want to use them for water skiing.
Does anyone else find this part of the article rather amusing?

swaluvr Nov 8, 2014 8:52 pm

They should put him on the no fly list. Let him take the bus or a train--no vests there to steal.............

sdsearch Nov 9, 2014 9:32 am

Originally Posted by swaluvr (Post 23813195)
They should put him on the no fly list. Let him take the bus or a train--no vests there to steal.............

Well, in that case, he needs to banned from all boat trips too (cruises, farriers, etc), since there are vests to steal there too!

How about charging him with attempted murder? Even if he isn't convicted on that specific count, the publicity from getting that type of charge because of stealing safety equipment would probably stop more people from doing the same than putting him on the no fly list.

FCfree Nov 9, 2014 10:59 am

What is he going to do with them?

To paraphrase a Jeff Foxworthy joke ... Christmas presents!

:)

kettle1 Nov 10, 2014 12:18 am

There are 26 on eBay. (Most are vintage). Just think what a new one would sell for. :rolleyes:

Put this guy in jail.

optibaem Nov 10, 2014 12:21 am

This is exactly why I check to see if my life vest is where it is supposed to be when I board. What a dumb @$$.

Doc Savage Nov 10, 2014 12:38 am

Originally Posted by swaluvr (Post 23813195)

Perfect. Punishment fits the crime.

Make it a lifetime ban.:D

meehgz Nov 10, 2014 9:16 am

Seriously, who considers endangering the lives of others to be a worthy consequence of a "prank"? :mad:

Box5 Nov 10, 2014 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 23814916)

How about charging him with attempted murder? Even if he isn't convicted on that specific count, the publicity from getting that type of charge because of stealing safety equipment would probably stop more people from doing the same than putting him on the no fly list.

That would be too much to charge him with attempted murder.

Someone doesn't shovel snow from their sidewalk because they are too lazy....attempted murder.

Someone runs a red light, a serious offense....no, make it worse, attempted murder.

Someone drives too fast in a school zone, even 1 mph....attempted murder.

No, the guy is a cheapskate who has a stealing problem. A hit to the pocketbook, that is the trick, not jail.

Indelaware Nov 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Bad enough to steal airline blankets, dinnerware, dishes.... but safety equipment. Talk about a thief with no soul.

sebach Nov 10, 2014 3:54 pm

On Cebu Pacific, they make a standard announcement saying that the theft of life vest is a criminal offence...

exwannabe Nov 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by kettle1 (Post 23817938)
There are 26 on eBay. (Most are vintage). Just think what a new one would sell for. :rolleyes:

Put this guy in jail.

Perhaps vintage are worth more?

And I would go for an insane asylum over jail.

ROCAT Nov 10, 2014 6:22 pm

This happens surprisengly often, it is the main reason commercial airplanes do not have smoke hoods. The NTSB has had them in their suggestions list for nearly 30 years.